Filed Complaint With FTC About Injectors

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
So I found out about the re-issue of the 2011 injector recall late (https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1687993) and like everyone else who qualified (partial injector replacement back in 2011) my VIN does not show up in their DCSnet system. Called the dealer, dealer says call BMWNA. BMWNA tells you your not in the system as "OPEN" so they cant do anything and if you'd like to take it up with the NHTSA theyre happy to assist. NHTSA then tells you they cant do anything unless BMW does another recall and that you can contact the FTC.

Soo I contacted the FTC and filed a report specifically about qualifying but not getting the work done cause BMW "technically" cant if you arent in their system. If enough reports get filed about BMW N54 injectors they'll have to do another recall. It was a 10min phone call so easy enough. [ADMIN EDIT] Who knows, maybe BMW will be forced to reimburse everyone too

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
phone #?

What exactly do I have to say? I mean I get the geist of it.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
What your asking is for the members to commit fraud so you can benefit.

I don't agree with BMW's bullshit but there are proper ways that does not suggest this.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
What your asking is for the members to commit fraud so you can benefit.

I don't agree with BMW's bullshit but there are proper ways that does not suggest this.
What's the fraud, specifically, to which you are referring?