failing fuel pump?

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
good afternoon everyone. i a hoping to get a little help / insite from some of the more seasoned folks on the forum. this is the issue i am having. i have very long cranks when starting the car after its sat for a few hours. also at random times wot and normal driving i get the half engine light and message on the i drive screen that says fuel pump and then my engine shuts down.

these are the codes i get

2AAF- fuel pump plausibility
2A2D- low pressure system, fuel pressure
29DC- cylinder injection cutout

i have included a log , but to me LPFP, and Rail pressures seem to be holding up fine. i think my EKPM is failing. but i am trying to get some other opinions.

thanks in advance for any help.

Dane

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Pull out your back seat (it’s very easy) and see which version your EKP is. If it says EKPM2 then you may want to replace it with an EKPM3. Or better yet if you have a spare $700, get the EOSpeed BPM4 EKP module if you have a Stage 2 or higher LPFP.

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
thanks guys, i have EXPM3 thats what i was thinking was the issue. i got ordered a used one just to see if it curea the symptoms like long crank if it does then ill know for sure the opt for the EOS u it..

tisdrew

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
09 335i 6MT
My mechanic and tuner have always told me the "2aaf fuel pump plausibility" is normal with an aftermarket pump -- true?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
good afternoon everyone. i a hoping to get a little help / insite from some of the more seasoned folks on the forum. this is the issue i am having. i have very long cranks when starting the car after its sat for a few hours. also at random times wot and normal driving i get the half engine light and message on the i drive screen that says fuel pump and then my engine shuts down.

these are the codes i get

2AAF- fuel pump plausibility
2A2D- low pressure system, fuel pressure
29DC- cylinder injection cutout

i have included a log , but to me LPFP, and Rail pressures seem to be holding up fine. i think my EKPM is failing. but i am trying to get some other opinions.

thanks in advance for any help.

Dane

I have an almost new ekpm 3unit if you want to buy it. used for less than two weeks before upgrading to the $750 torquebyte unit.
Price will be $125 plus shipping if interested. PM and send paypal and address. It is a genuine oe bmw unit, not aftermarket.

Cheers.

VT