Fabbed some vacuum canisters. . .

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
For many people the car will run fine on 1 vacuum canister, if you delete them both you can run out of vac source on high boost setups on long pulls, and it will make boost control a little less smooth. Tony has seen this on the dyno. As far as 2 solenoids vs 1, likely just for margin (same same). I like 'em!

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Don't have any on me with the shortened lines. but i can take some once i get back from Washington. But here's a few from when i first did it to start testing.....

Rear Solenoid with Line disconnected (has since been plugged)
View attachment 3116IMAG4072 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Rear solenoid line going to front solenoid Tee'd in (from wastegates)
View attachment 3117IMAG4073 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

View attachment 3118IMAG4074 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Vac lines Tee'd into one coming from the Vac pump going to the Vac port on the front solenoid
View attachment 3119IMAG4076 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Lines have since been shortened and the plastic lines that run over the VC have been replaced also with silicone lines along with the other lines. and of course, the Vac canisters removed completely.
So you can just do this on stock turbos with no other modification?

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
yes, i've been running my car on no vac canisters and only one boost solenoid for a long time now. :blush:
Sweet! I knew i saw this somewhere and i was looking for it when my friend broke one of the nipples off on his boost solenoid. Couldnt find it so we just super glued the nipple back on lol. Ill send it to him and see if he wants to try it. I may do it to my car. What do you do with the wire on the solenoid youre not using?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Sweet! I knew i saw this somewhere and i was looking for it when my friend broke one of the nipples off on his boost solenoid. Couldnt find it so we just super glued the nipple back on lol. Ill send it to him and see if he wants to try it. I may do it to my car. What do you do with the wire on the solenoid youre not using?

I just left it unplugged and removed the solenoid. But there are some flash changes that need to be made. If you don't want the check engine light on.

Reactions: Cheezy