E9x - steering wheel options and opinions

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Hello Spoolers,

Keep in mind this is my daily.. but, Another question for everyone is:

what all steering wheel modifications for the e9x's have you done or tried?

I understand the aftermarket has Paddle Shifts for e9x but, what steering wheel options are there then?

What would you look for when searching for a steering wheel keep?

If you have replaced yours and, have any advice what would it be?

Anyone that could estimate the price it costed them it would also be appreciated! Keep in mind any coding that needs to be done. I feel confident doing.

Thanks again,
Derek

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
All I did was put an M3 steering wheel on my old and hurting '07 E90. Picked one up lightly used for $300. Love it, plus I still have my old one to fool around with if I so desire. No coding, nothing fancy, just a nice comfy steering wheel.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
All I did was put an M3 steering wheel on my old and hurting '07 E90. Picked one up lightly used for $300. Love it, plus I still have my old one to fool around with if I so desire. No coding, nothing fancy, just a nice comfy steering wheel.
Awesome man!
Sounds like a great deal to me! Only thing I would still want would be the paddles but, I bet that does look sweet. I'm just wondering because mine is starting to show age and, the steering wheel is something I always want to look good.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd just keep cruising FB groups, and the for sale section in various forums until you find what you're looking for... as long as you're patient something will pop up eventually. Not sure on paddle styles -never owned an auto or DCT bmw. Just manual. :)

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
I'd just keep cruising FB groups, and the for sale section in various forums until you find what you're looking for... as long as you're patient something will pop up eventually. Not sure on paddle styles -never owned an auto or DCT bmw. Just manual. :)
I don't blame you a bit, I wish I would've settled for a MANual but.. I drove one for the last 140k miles before getting my 335xi. I love the auto in the e9x to be honest though. Great system.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
So another update...

My wife wants to get me the steering wheel w/ paddles for xmas.. What All-In-One purchase could I link her to?

I'm not sure if I have to have a wheel w/paddles or a wheel /w paddle cut-outs or what.. Any/all info is appreciated!