E93 boot leak

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
So yesterday night during heavy rain, I heard a slight pop, after that the subwoofers both didn’t work and sound is poor. I assumed it was the AMP.

I realised the AMP was in the boot on the left hand side (passenger side (UK))

took the little tray cover off, and it’s submerged in water, the stuff I stored In there ( electrical connections) are probably toast now.

I went down and jacked the car up and pulled the plug, no water came out. I tried on the other side (battery side) still no water.

Does anyone have any idea why water is leaking in ? And what I can do to fix the issue

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
First step is allow water to drain out when it leaks. You need to make a hole in the battery tray area etc.

Inspect the negative battery cable connection to the body and repair if it is corroded.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
First step is allow water to drain out when it leaks. You need to make a hole in the battery tray area etc.

Inspect the negative battery cable connection to the body and repair if it is corroded.
Did that today. Opened the plug. Drained it out nicely. I took apart the AMP, cleaned and dried it, and still the bass doesn’t work.

probably the sub woofers so going to try and maybe upgrade them

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
So after some time thinking. Decided to pull out drivers side (right) sub. Plugged it in by other means and it was very distorted etc.

Tested the resistance on it and only got 0.8 Ω
I believe it’s supposed to be 2 for the 676 (HIFI) option?

Might buy a second hand sub to test the theory