Diagnose my datalog?

nekazu

Jul 10, 2018
Ride
1m
Hey guys, first post here.

I recently did my first dyna (Dynapack) and logged it with my MHD. I was also recently rear ended and after a month in the shop I finally got it back with a new muffler (and other things...) but I feel like things have been off. I'll have cold starts where the engine revs to 800 and stays there instead of what it usually does (revving to like 1500-1800 then settling at ~1100 before idling at ~800).

I just wanted to know if anybody thought anything in my logs is out of the ordinary.

Here's the datalog: https://datazap.me/u/cz0721/dynapack?log=0&data=3-5-21

And I've attached the dyno sheet results for more context (though it seems fine?).

I recognize it might just be me going crazy. I spent 25 days in a base rental A4 and I don't think I know what's right anymore. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• dynapack.jpg
    dynapack.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Log looks good except for a number of timing corrections. They may simply be fuel quality related. Where are you located? IATs started pretty hot and got to 160 by the end of the pull. If you don't have an FMIC, I would suggest one. I'd say go right to the VRSF race and not worry about it again.

nekazu

Jul 10, 2018
Ride
1m
Thanks for looking!

Hmm, I'm on Shell 91 in Toronto which seems to be regarded as pretty good but I do have 93 (10% eth) options available to me.

IATs might have been a little hot because this was the last of 3 pulls. Noted on the VRSF race but as the car is relatively stock I'd probably try to consider options that don't require trimming and cutting first.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Thanks for looking!

Hmm, I'm on Shell 91 in Toronto which seems to be regarded as pretty good but I do have 93 (10% eth) options available to me.

IATs might have been a little hot because this was the last of 3 pulls. Noted on the VRSF race but as the car is relatively stock I'd probably try to consider options that don't require trimming and cutting first.

If you intend to keep it stock, by all means. But this is a piece that is not visible and you shouldn't feel too bad cutting it. If you intend to put it back to stock one day, you can just replace the radiator carrier and put the stock FMIC on. But most upgraded FMICs that perform well are going to require some sort of cutting.