Darton sleeved block

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Just got my darton sleeved block back from the machine shop. Have 84mm bore mahle pistons for it, molnar rods, insane 1 piece 2 pin crankhub, 11mm billiam headstuds and gonna be using calico king main and rod bearings. Stock head for now thinking about building a head with supertech valve train. Using 6 bolt cams

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 128

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
BEAST. This is exactly how I would build a block.

Any more info on the "insane 1 piece 2 pin crankhub"

I always wanted to build the head so I could rev out another 1k or so. Very few people seem to be reving these engines high however, even with built heads and bottom ends.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah I've revved my built motors and stock bottom ends to 8k. Ended up lifting the head on stock headbolts but no really other issues other than that. Need to have good rod bolts to rev to 8k consistently. The bedplate design is a good design for high rpms keeps everything stable and has lots of bolts holding it in place. The insane 2 pin 1 piece crank hub is probably the best crankhub on the market. Will see what kinda work it can put in. The extra 1k makes a large difference

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Are you telling me that with my stock valve train and arp head studs and cutring head gasket i can rev to 8k? O_O

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Yeah I've revved my built motors and stock bottom ends to 8k. Ended up lifting the head on stock headbolts but no really other issues other than that. Need to have good rod bolts to rev to 8k consistently. The bedplate design is a good design for high rpms keeps everything stable and has lots of bolts holding it in place. The insane 2 pin 1 piece crank hub is probably the best crankhub on the market. Will see what kinda work it can put in. The extra 1k makes a large difference
Lifted the head sounds something serious. Was it the headbolts the weak point?

Currently building my motor, got my hi-cam and supertech valvetrain&springs, try to build the head for some +1000 rev tune. Con-rod bolts are ARP2000.

Not sure if what else is necessary. According to your experience, guess some ARP headbolts and upgraded head gasket is needed.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Lifted the head sounds something serious. Was it the headbolts the weak point?

Currently building my motor, got my hi-cam and supertech valvetrain&springs, try to build the head for some +1000 rev tune. Con-rod bolts are ARP2000.

Not sure if what else is necessary. According to your experience, guess some ARP headbolts and upgraded head gasket is needed.
I didn't have an issue with the stock head gasket. The 9mm corners pulled the threads and the head lifted on the front mostly. I won't have any more issues lifting the head anymore with the full 11mm headstud conversion and ns300l inserts on the corners

Reactions: SlowE93