CSF Intercooler for E Chassis N54 & N55 ***NEW PRODUCT***

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Oh you are thinking about engine oil temperature. I was referring to coolant temp. As you can see in the log, those are two separate parameters. Most people only pay attention to oil temperature, because you cant read the coolant temperature unless you use MHD or similar. You will also find that the DME pulls power at different temps depending on whether it is coolant or engine oil. I am sure you already know this, but I have found the tables for others to read below.

For maximum power we want cool coolant, cool iat and hot oil. Whenever I have experienced power reduction on track, it has always been due to coolant, not iat or engine oil. You will also find that the M2 and even the 1M has extra coolant radiators compared to 35i.

As of 2019, I now I have an extra coolant radiator and two larger engine oil coolers, so I am looking forward to see how those perform - I just haven't had the chance to do extended testing yet. I had to get the extra auxilary radiator custom made, because neither CSF nor others don't offer any N54 solutions that I know of.

Coolant:

View attachment 24254

Engine oil:

View attachment 24255

I wonder how high the IAT can go before you loose power? As far as I can see in my logs, I don't loose any power, even I am now running a smaller 7in FMIC and IATs peak at +160F on track in hot weather. Maybe CSF has some data on this?

Yeah, I have never approached 110ºC even when driving wot multiple times in the summer. I have a Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Setrab ATF cooler and the CSF radiator... that radiator is factually more cool running than the stock as my pre and post install notes have shown. But, I have not done any track runs so I can't comment on temps in that regard.

Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
Yeah, I have never approached 110ºC even when driving wot multiple times in the summer. I have a Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Setrab ATF cooler and the CSF radiator... that radiator is factually more cool running than the stock as my pre and post install notes have shown. But, I have not done any track runs so I can't comment on temps in that regard.

Well, lets just talk wot pulls then. Today I did a 4th gear pull from 2500 to redline. Coolant went from 99 go 103C just in one single pull. 28C ambient indicated in the cluster. This is with the CSF radiator and an additional large coolant radiator installed.

Have you done any similar pulls in similar weather while logging coolant? This was at around 370whp.

If I do three of these pulls right after each other I am approaching 110C, no doubt. If I let the car cool down for 1-2mins in between, then no problem. I found that my car takes 2mins to cool from 110C to 90C when cruising in high mode. Of course, if the car has entered ECO mode, it will just stay near 108C all the time.