Coolant Leak - Radiator Issues - HELP!

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Spoolers,

I have recently developed a coolant leak.

I located the leak the other day on lunch while at the office (Yes, I am literally that guy that works on their car during lunch in the parking lot)

Do any of you know if this piece is replaceable? I can't find a name or anyone selling it or if it can even be replaced!

pic07.jpg

Please help! D:

The black plastic peace has a crack going up through it. I really don't wanna have to buy a new radiator at the moment. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again everyone,
Derek

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well I'm not sure if there is a good way to fix end tanks, as your radiator coolant circuit is pressurized to a degree. I think you have to replace it. Good thing, is there are upgraded radiators out there from CSF I think.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Yupp definitely not replaceable, and not worth trying to rig it up. I would definitely replace it with the csf radiator, which has aluminum end tanks l, so no plastic to crack.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yupp definitely not replaceable, and not worth trying to rig it up. I would definitely replace it with the csf radiator, which has aluminum end tanks l, so no plastic to crack.

Do you know anyone who has run it personally? I remember ar design had their radiator. Never ended up fitting.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
From what I've seen and heard the CSF is the way to go. I'll probably patch it up for 2 weeks and baby the car and replace the radiator with my next paycheck.

May as well order the thing now. Take some photos, I don't think there is a writeup on that yet.