Chargepipe Issues

Cswihart

Feb 3, 2018
Savannah GA
Ride
335i e92 FBO
I have been having issues with my VRSF charge pipe blowing off on the intercooler side and leaking on the throttle body side. I would like to change cp to go away from c clip and utilize silicone coupler at the throttle body side. Anyone have a suggestion on brand with this style connection with Tial BOV connection.

Attachments

• D05AC39E-DDCC-4D2D-954D-7A1771B8AE02.jpeg
    D05AC39E-DDCC-4D2D-954D-7A1771B8AE02.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 302

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
VRSF charge pipes are total shit. Every time these threads come up the low budget VRSF dick riders come in to defend their products without having owned anything else.

I have no experience with the ETS charge pipe which seems to be what you are seeking but I can't say enough good things about ER. The fit, finish, anodizing are all top notch.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017

Cswihart

Feb 3, 2018
Savannah GA
Ride
335i e92 FBO
Terry. Clip is not popping off. It’s coming off the t bolt on the silicone Coupler to IC side. The throttle body side is leaking past o ring slightly. I am getting new o ring to see if that helps. Thanks for your feedback on t bolts on TB!

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Terry. Clip is not popping off. It’s coming off the t bolt on the silicone Coupler to IC side. The throttle body side is leaking past o ring slightly. I am getting new o ring to see if that helps. Thanks for your feedback on t bolts on TB!
Does the charge pipe not have a bead on it?

Cswihart

Feb 3, 2018
Savannah GA
Ride
335i e92 FBO
Does the charge pipe not have a bead on it?

It does have a bead on it but when I tighten the t bolt, the clamp starts to move off the coupler towards the BOV. When under boost it pops off. I used someone else’s charge pipe and it held just fine.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Two points:
1. I’ve been running Terry’s charge pipe since 2011.
2. Clean the metal and couplers and then final wipe with rubbing alcohol, let dry. Use worm gear hose clamps.

Reactions: Cswihart

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I run the xs power cp, great priced. Havent had any leaks or issues, id recommend. Ive had it up to 17lbs so far. It comes black hammer textured as well with 1 meth port with a plug. So if youre gonna keep the tb clip style its a good budget replacement with tial style bov.

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
It does have a bead on it but when I tighten the t bolt, the clamp starts to move off the coupler towards the BOV. When under boost it pops off. I used someone else’s charge pipe and it held just fine.
Sounds like your clamp is on the bead and sliding off when trying to tighten. Make sure you have adequate room to clamp, clean off grease/oil on outside and inside of coupler, then spray the inside of the coupler with hair spray. This will act as a lubricant when installing the coupler buy will dry tacky helping the coupler to stay in place.

• Agree
Reactions: Cswihart and Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
What’s funny is I had issues blowing my charge piping apart with TBolt clamps, I switched to stainless steel worm drive clamps and they have worked great at 21PSI for over 2 years. Here’s an article by EMS about clamps:

https://www.amsperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf

Yup!

I really like these but they are pricey: https://www.murraycorp.com/clamp/constant-tension/constant-tension-turbo-seal-clamps-tss/

Only thing better is those weld on lock clamps. Very cool looking but I assume pricey to do the whole system I forget their name. I think @doublespaces has them. Auto lock or something?

silverstreak18

Corporal
Jan 3, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Ride
2016 M3
Ive never had any issues with my VRSF charge pipes. I had the the regular one and then switched to the one that clears the 335D coolant tank. Just sounds like you need some better clamps and a new O-Ring brother.

Reactions: Cswihart