Carly App Says I have alarm module

mkster08

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
Kansas
So the Carly App Says I have the alarm module on my car when looking at diagnostics.. Which supposedly means I can get audible lock and unlock .. Which has bothered me since I got the car a few years ago and realized it didn't beep, honk or anything haha. Anyway I don't have the new adapter required to code it. But it says it's there.. Think I'm gonna go ahead and get it and try to code it
Just wondering if anyone has possibly come across it or coded it.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@Levanime coded my car when I did the alarm retrofit. If you want to know if your car has the alarm, the easiest way would be to open your hood. On the driver side, you'll see a hood switch near the cabin filter area. In your iDrive settings, there should be a setting for an 'accoustic alert' or something like that. Enabling this will make the chirping occur. You could also pop the hood, then get out and lock the car and lift the hood up. Siren will go off. Some time around 2008/2009 they stopped with the standard alarms. And after around 2009 build dates, they stopped with the prewire also. Luckily I barely made that cutoff with a 10/08 production.

mkster08

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
Kansas
I'll don't think theres a hood switch that I've ever seen lol.. but diags picked up an alarm module, and the codings can read it and they say not active

Travis

Lurker
Mar 10, 2017
Empire state
Ride
2008 335xi sedan
Module is present but software for said model is missing as well as some other hardware
I'll don't think theres a hood switch that I've ever seen lol.. but diags picked up an alarm module, and the codings can read it and they say not active

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The module is just a siren. The only other part is the ultrasonic sensor in your rear overhead cabin light, which isn't needed for a functioning alarm system(the convertible does not have one).