Car will start in the morning and stumble then stall | Log attached

dinocrest

Lurker
Apr 27, 2021
Hello my N55 E92 will start in the mornings then stumble a little and sometimes stall. It sounds like a cammed V8 in the mornings. Thru out the day it will act fine and not have any issues.

This morning I turned the car on and it started to stumble a bit, I put it into Drive and let it coast out my garage and it stalled while pulling out. I turned it back on and it stumbled a little again but I quickly got onto the gas and started driving it eventually smoothed itself out. Its been doing this for a little while now.

Car is a '13 E92 N55 with a catless DP, Chargepipe, VRSF intercooler, and MHD 2+ 91 oct tune

This is a log of me turning the ignition on and then starting the car while it stumbles and stalls.
https://www.spoolstreet.com/graphs/log-09-21-2022-18-31-57.21639/

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I'm not too familiar with idle logs. It looks like your stft hasn't kicked in yet in this log, can you collect a different log, but run it out until stft kicks in? I noticed rail pressure spikes up a couple times, not sure if that's normal or not? I think at idle, the map calls for just over 1000psi. Maybe the spikes are part of some warm-up routine? Just spitballing, hopefully somebody else will chime in.

dinocrest

Lurker
Apr 27, 2021
I'm not too familiar with idle logs. It looks like your stft hasn't kicked in yet in this log, can you collect a different log, but run it out until stft kicks in? I noticed rail pressure spikes up a couple times, not sure if that's normal or not? I think at idle, the map calls for just over 1000psi. Maybe the spikes are part of some warm-up routine? Just spitballing, hopefully somebody else will chime in.
I have another log of me idling at around 2k for a little while to check the STFT but the car was warm. I think its a little high right? Not sure if this helps or did you want a log of a pull?

https://www.spoolstreet.com/graphs/log-09-21-2022-18-55-22.21640/
This is a E30 map, not sure if it'll make a difference.

Cold start reduction is turned on

Last edited:

dinocrest

Lurker
Apr 27, 2021
Here is a log of me going thru the gears on the MHD 2+ 91 map
https://www.spoolstreet.com/graphs/log-09-21-2022-19-05-07.21641/

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Here is a log of me going thru the gears on the MHD 2+ 91 map
https://www.spoolstreet.com/graphs/log-09-21-2022-19-05-07.21641/
This WOT log looks really good to me. At the bottom of the it has "kill map" in the name of the bin file, is this MHD 2+ 91oct or a custom tune?

You mentioned cold start reduction above, and an e30 map. How long have you been using cold start reduction, and what fuel are you running? I've read cold start reduction can take a couple weeks to adapt in after flashing that option, not sure if that's related to your problem or not?

dinocrest

Lurker
Apr 27, 2021
This WOT log looks really good to me. At the bottom of the it has "kill map" in the name of the bin file, is this MHD 2+ 91oct or a custom tune?

You mentioned cold start reduction above, and an e30 map. How long have you been using cold start reduction, and what fuel are you running? I've read cold start reduction can take a couple weeks to adapt in after flashing that option, not sure if that's related to your problem or not?
Haha forgot to mention the "Kill map" was just a joke I named the file. Its just a MHD 2+ tune with flames added in. Nothing special about it performance wise.

I have been using Cold Start reduction for about a year now. Although I will often switch maps and sometimes switch between 91 oct and E30 mix. The idle log I sent you was on E30 and the pull I sent was on 91 oct. I mainly run 91 oct but will sometimes throw some E in.