Car not making full boost.. have tried everything.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Hey guys,
Not really sure if this is the right place to put this. First time posting on SpoolStreet so I apologize in advance, I'm just looking for some assistance. So as the Title says my car is struggling to make full boost. I look at my logs and my car does not make more than 15.4 PSI regardless of how high the target is. I'm just going to put all the information that I have as well as all the things that I have done in attempt to fix it. Logically speaking the problem should lie within the VRSF Chargepipe + Tial BOV combination since that's when I noticed that the car was having some issues after the install. I had lost one of the meth bung bolts and and got a replacement bolt from Home Depot, can't tell if maybe that's the issue possibly. I had taken the car to my friend who's a BMW tech and he had done me the favor of smoke testing the chargepipe and he said that there was no leaks in the chargepipe which is what's stumping me. The MAF sensor the clip that holds it in snapped so I'm not sure if that could have some affect on it? I have checked every coupler and it has been checked by 4 of my friends as well. I checked every single one, and all of them were tight. The Vacuum Lines were replaced when I had gotten the car to Silicone Vacuum Lines. I'm really just not sure what to check at this point. I had thought it maybe possibly could've been tune related because after the Chargepipe I had switched tunes, but switching tunes had done nothing.
(I had bolded all the main points.)
Thanks for the read and I appreciate any help!
Sorry for the wall of text

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Could be any number of things. Bad boost solenoids, stuck open wastegate, one bad turbo, list goes on. A shop that is going to smoke test a charge pipe for leaks maybe isn't your best choice. Boost leaks are just that, they leak under boost. Smoke testing a charge pipe with no pressure on it, usually will not reveal anything.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Could be any number of things. Bad boost solenoids, stuck open wastegate, one bad turbo, list goes on. A shop that is going to smoke test a charge pipe for leaks maybe isn't your best choice. Boost leaks are just that, they leak under boost. Smoke testing a charge pipe with no pressure on it, usually will not reveal anything.
Thanks for the Reply Tony. I'll give a shot at the Boost solenoids, the turbos were replaced under warranty 10000 Miles ago so I'd hope it's not that.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Vehicle details? You posted in the N54 section, yet mention a MAF sensor. Do you have an N54 or N55? Mods list? Turbo(s)? What tune is being run? logs?
This is N54, I apologize for the mix up. My car has VRSF 7 Inch HD FMIC, VRSF Kittyless Downpipes, VRSF Chargepipe + Tial Bov combination, BMS Dci, Fuel-it! Stage 2 LPFP, and I guess.. Muffler delete? Current tune is MHD E25 & E40 (Meaning I have logs for both)
E25: https://datazap.me/u/forfaded/e25?log=0&data=3-23
E40: https://datazap.me/u/forfaded/logs-look?log=0&data=3-23

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Don't over think it. Excuse my next comment I'm not trying to be rude.. you'll learn on here that I'm not..
Anyways, don't over thing this it's quite simple. You replaced a charge pipe and BOV and not this is happening.. put your old one back on and log.
Common items to go wrong
1.bov gasket torn or not seated but that won't be that big of a leak
2. Oring not swapped over but not that big of a leak either.
3. Funked up the tmap somehow
4. Bov is seized in it's bore, if it's a tial clone I installed 2 for customers and the machining was.. um Chinese... Well once a few burs we're removed all was well and it wasn't sticking open.

Snap some picks of the insatll maybe one of us will see a big boo boo.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Don't over think it. Excuse my next comment I'm not trying to be rude.. you'll learn on here that I'm not..
Anyways, don't over thing this it's quite simple. You replaced a charge pipe and BOV and not this is happening.. put your old one back on and log.
Common items to go wrong
1.bov gasket torn or not seated but that won't be that big of a leak
2. Oring not swapped over but not that big of a leak either.
3. Funked up the tmap somehow
4. Bov is seized in it's bore, if it's a tial clone I installed 2 for customers and the machining was.. um Chinese... Well once a few burs we're removed all was well and it wasn't sticking open.

Snap some picks of the insatll maybe one of us will see a big boo boo.

It's hard for me to be offended, and if someone is helping me then I typically take close to no offense. Logically it is something to do with the Chargepipe and Blow-off valve. 1. I just redid the blow off valve gasket and still have the same boosting issues. I swapped over the OEM o-ring to the VRSF CP, there are some people saying online that VRSF before had a different sized o-ring that came with the CP, but apparently that was changed with the new revision(which I have). 3. The only thing with the TMAP is that the clip snapped off when I was lifting it with a screwdriver.. so possibly that?
4. This is the only part I failed to understand fully, but it shouldn't be a concern since the tial (assuming) is legit.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Update: It was the boost solenoids, swapped one Friday night just to see and more boost was available and the cart felt much stronger and did pretty well VS the new 5.0 with intake tune and e85 :). A new pair comes tomorrow, hopefully that'll fix my issue.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
You can do that? Car throws codes and the half engine light if you unplug a boost solenoid.

yes and no. I've run mine on 1 solenoid now for like a year and a half. There are a couple toggles that need to be switched off to completely remove the solenoid. But for your purposes, just leave one of the bad ones plugged in. and route the lines to the good one.