E93
Reactions: TiAgAu

swellengear

Lurker
Sep 3, 2023
Swellendam, South Africa
Ride
'09 BMW 135i
Your hpfp is not doing its job. At one point it drops as low as 83psi. Quite surprised you dont have a code for this.

As a general rule, your rail pressure should never be below 700psi, even at idle.

rail press.jpg

GavinMcKay

Oct 8, 2023
Why would you disconnect an 02 ?
The line on the O2 sensor had been damaged, causing it to short out and blow a fuse. I figured since all it does anyway is measure the efficiency of my non-existent catylatic converter, it would be best to just leave it unplugged.

GavinMcKay

Oct 8, 2023
Your hpfp is not doing its job. At one point it drops as low as 83psi. Quite surprised you dont have a code for this.

As a general rule, your rail pressure should never be below 700psi, even at idle.

View attachment 91148
Yeah, I worked through ISTA+'s diagnostics and it tested the hpfp and it confirmed that it was out. I thought I could get away with buying an Amazon HPFP but now I know. FCP Euro here I come.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
The line on the O2 sensor had been damaged, causing it to short out and blow a fuse. I figured since all it does anyway is measure the efficiency of my non-existent catylatic converter, it would be best to just leave it unplugged.
They also calibrate the primary O2s. I don't think the primarys will maintain their accuracy without the secondaries. So you'll end up with bad fuel ratio. Not sure how far out they will drift.