bummerboost has sunken to a new all time low

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
As many of you know, SpoolStreet.com has been on the rise over the last year. Every single month has been a traffic record from Google and virtually all of the top news in the industry comes from our site or our group, N5X Enthusiasts which itself has been around for OVER 7 years! Here is our search engine traffic growth, nice and steady save for a server outage:
3nDD2Je.png

As you can see, Google likes our site and our content and continues to trust us more with their traffic each month.

With success typically will bring haters, and it seems that our newest addition to this list, is Mr Wilks from boost addict. It is our speculation that he is not favorable of our rise and it must be having some kind of effect and impact on the bottom line over on that site because he's taken the time out of his day to file a DMCA takedown of one of our recent posts. It is our opinion that his site may be suffering a reduction in traffic and activity which may be the motivating cause for this type of action. Here you can view the complaint with some identifying information redacted, because we are nice, though it is freely available online already:
dmca.png

We're continually speaking to vendors about product availability and when things become public knowledge we post it. In the last days after having discussions about twin scroll bottom mount turbos, we inquired with Anthony @ ACF regarding the availability of their upcoming T4 turbo kit, as reported here: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/acf-fabrication-t4-twinscroll-manifold.2181/

And this is what we were told by Anthony himself:

aQYvloz.png

h0jSzJJ.png

eXX7jVk.png

Afterward, I was informed by an associate of ACF that there were actually photos available for the product and this is the discussion which followed:

euj0OYw.png

IXyxiJ0.png

And at this point, SpoolStreet refused to simply crop a watermark from a photo and instead we opted for the original source, which was provided to us:

10gAGY8.png

cGzU1Y4.png

So as is apparent, we not only refused to use copyrighted works, but we obtained the original media directly from the source and the claims of editing photos without permission is absurd. Time and date stamps do not determine the source.

And so it appears that before filing this claim, Mr Wilks did no due diligence by contacting ALL involved parties to identify if there was any infringement involved, and instead opted to use a slimey trick which is frankly, an abuse of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

In the meantime, we will continue to report the latest news while Mr wilks at bummerboost spends his time instead with seemingly pathetic attempts to stifle our growth.

Stay tuned for more unreleased product announcements, we have several in our coat pockets!

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Only people that believe Joe are people who believe a drunk retired accountant shot up Vegas from the 32nd floor of the bay hotel. Now if his name was Ben Affleck.....

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
It doesn't stop there.

If no one saw, last week Mr. Wilks posted an inflammatory video of one of our products with flat-out lies about the customer not being refunded etc. The video was over a month old, and Mr. Wilks also lied say it was a new video, hoping to drum up drama, and clicks as per his usual. Needless to say, it did not work people quickly told him the video was old, and the customer had been refunded. So either he did no due diligence again, or he flat out is posting false information in hopes of drumming up views.

Que a couple days later, he makes a post of a failed wastegate, this time leaving names out, but clearly trying to implicate VTT. It turns our AGAIN he did not conduct due diligence, and it was, in fact, a turbo from one of his paying vendors. Again per his usual custom, he was attacking vendors who pay him monthly to advertise there, as soon as it was made known it was not a VTT turbo, he deleted the photo, and closed the thread.

Talk about a shitshow, that is what bummerboost has become, a certified gossip site disguised as an automotive forum. The N54 was his bread and butter, and he ran his site so poorly he drove away his 3rd leading poster in myself and may possibly spell the site's demise, as people continue to jump ship.

Want to see something funny. This was taken last week, can we say software in use to exaggerate posted online users... Yes, Joe, we all believe you have 18 active users, and 1078 guests....:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Isn't traffic supposed to continually go up for a forum to be successful, not have your peak traffic in 2014 3 years ago, and it is held in steady decline. Way to go JOE!

BB LOL.JPG

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Want to see something funny. This was taken last week, can we say software in use to exaggerate posted online users... Yes, Joe, we all believe you have 18 active users, and 1078 guests....:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Isn't traffic supposed to continually go up for a forum to be successful, not have your peak traffic in 2014 3 years ago, and it is held in steady decline. Way to go JOE!

View attachment 6084

Sometimes sites will inflate those figures to make the site look more popular. That figure is most likely just how many people have been at that site in the last 24/48 hours. Our site only measures logged in users, in the last 4 hours. I can make that thing say whatever I want so those metrics are largely meaningless to me.

I find it pretty funny because I've heard multiple reports of Joseph threatening vendors to not post here. He will act out various demonstrations of defamation; libel, slander you name it I've heard it all. His entire ego sits on his so called accomplishment over there. And here I am, doing this for fun, because I love my car.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
That my exact point. He is purposely exaggerating the metrics to show more users. When I lived in LA, I was video manager for a new start up website. When the site went live they had it programmed to show 100 times active users so people thought the site was more popular. They had sign up goals, that once reached the code dropped the number to multiply by 50, then 25, then 10, then 5, then finally 1:1 once it had enough sign ups. There is no chance BB has 1100 guests signed in at once.

E92 420

Corporal
Jul 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Ride
BMW e92 335i
Ok so I’m wanting to leave the bummerboost site but cannot find an option to delete my account. I PM’d Joseph and I got a reply saying “it’s pretty simple just stop using the forum” that’s all well and good but I’m pretty sure that won’t automatically delete my bummerboost account. How did you guys that have left that site go about deleting your account?

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I don't think you can, just turn off all your notifications and delete all your posts probably. Most forums don't have an option to delete the account.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Just reading over this now. It's a shame as it had potential. The only two threads worth a read is the Trump one and the Crypto one. I've only been on here a week or so and found the content to be better and less drama.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Just reading over this now. It's a shame as it had potential. The only two threads worth a read is the Trump one and the Crypto one. I've only been on here a week or so and found the content to be better and less drama.

I've seen your username around for quite some time if I recall, and you'd probably remember that his site was FOUNDED on drama. Well, there is plenty of that on our daily newsfeeds these days, so if we're interested in that sort of thing its easy to find. We talk about cars and boost here. Our method of cleaning that type of stuff up among vendors is not to delete it, but to push it to a side thread in our complaints/disputes/octagon section where people can duke it out all they want. So its better in a sense for people who like that stuff, all the drama is in one spot.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
I've seen your username around for quite some time if I recall, and you'd probably remember that his site was FOUNDED on drama. Well, there is plenty of that on our daily newsfeeds these days, so if we're interested in that sort of thing its easy to find. We talk about cars and boost here. Our method of cleaning that type of stuff up among vendors is not to delete it, but to push it to a side thread in our complaints/disputes/octagon section where people can duke it out all they want. So its better in a sense for people who like that stuff, all the drama is in one spot.

You're right, I never really looked at it that way. And yes I've been around since the inception of the N54 some 11 years ago, started with E90crap and here I am hahaha

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
I like the octagon feature, it de-escalates things pretty quickly. I honestly think it will weed out drama and leave room for useful discussion. I can't say I have never made a post as a jab to an a-hole vendor, but that doesn't move the technical discussion forward. So it works against that behavior and sets the tone over all.