Bucketless sucks - I keep running out of gas at 3/4 of a tank.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
I have the Fuel-It stage2+ bucketless LPFP. I keep running out of fuel when cornering hard even at 3/4 of a tank.... Does anyone here run a hydramat and did it fix your problem when cornering hard ? I really don't feel like spending 170$ on one and taking a chance to still have fuel starvation issues.
Otherwise, do you think Fuel-It would be willing to sell me whatever is necessary ( I think the T and the hose to the venturi ) to stick the pump in bucket ?

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
I made a bucketless myself with a hydrant. Absolutely brilliant. Never had a problem in years. Even down to empty on the fuel gauge running on fumes.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I was under impression hydra mat is easily clogged and not intended for daily use ? I would love to use one if that isn't the case cause I deeply regret being bucketless

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
I've been running a bucketless setup with a hydromat for a couple years now no issues. Ran it down to 0 miles a couple times too.

• Informative
Reactions: Rob09msport

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I don't need bucketless now that I will not be running e85 I originally was building for e85. I jst have been dealing with so many other things between my pd clutches and trans rebuild and turbo install ,now I have a good prob in that these turbos are moving alot if air and my rail pressure may be issue at 24 lbs. I will say my spool is close to stock my lag is better than stock and I blew the doors off of a couple China turbos and a pure hi flow and n55 pure setups. That was all on 22lb map but it was tuned for slightly higher than 93 octane. I was trying to run at mpact but my friend blew his engine roll racing right next to the track and another had his oil cooler line break from highway debris, then my rail pressure when I tried running higher boost maps so it just seemed like sonething was saying we all got a big unprepared and should call it quits lmao.

Reactions: 9krpmrx8

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
Hi. Get a different pump.
I ran the bucketless for a while, and would have the same issue- fuel starvation as early as 3/4 tank. I bought the T hydromat that was almost the same price as the pump. It improved it to only getting fuel starvation at 1/2 tank.

I now run a bucketed pump. I will STILL get fuel starvation at 1/4 tank on long fast right handers. A surge tank is the only fix for that. But I just make sure to never start a session below 1/2 tank.

Reactions: doublespaces

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
The radium kit is probably the only complete solution to this issue, but it's quite costly. I went with a bucketed stage 3 kit that's way overkill atm, but will be worth not going back to re-do the assembly later. Hydramat is a bandaid, better to just do things right once.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
There is a note on the bottom of the page that states that:
NOTE: These kits include a basic filter assembly. When using this filter, running the vehicle under low fuel conditions can cause fuel starvation issues. If you do hard straight line accelerations when you have less than 1/8 tank of fuel, we would recommend running our standard Stage 2, 3, or Stage 4 pump. In addition, if you intend to use this for road course applications, you may see starvation issues when running less than a half tank and doing long high G right turns. Again for those applications we'd recommend one of our standard pump applications.

https://www.*/bmw-e-series-dw400-stage-2-bucketless-lpfp-upgrades/

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
How does "vadersolutions" solve the issue? Omar was just posting the other day that there is no fuel starvation with his bucket-less kit...

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
How does "vadersolutions" solve the issue? Omar was just posting the other day that there is no fuel starvation with his bucket-less kit...

And fuel-it claims the issues kick in at 1/2 tank, while OP had problems at 3/4. Vendors exaggerate or add qualifications in fine print. Nothing new here. For the price VS is charging, they're not including a hydramat.