Bosch Primary O2 switch (open or closed?)

steve30

Private
Sep 26, 2019
Ride
E36 M3, E90 335 ST
I'm using Bosch 17098 O2's for my setup and just want to confirm if anyone knows what the harness switch should be set at, open or closed? I've tried searching and asking around and it seems like nobody was aware or looked into it. Here's a photo of the switch I'm talking about. It looks like Bosch uses the switch to test the O2.

1587647701030.png

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I'd just like to confirm because I've received some with it on open and some on closed..

It's just a locking / retainer plate that slides over the pins to stop them from being pulled out. The lsu connector doesn't pull apart easily like most connectors because its mostly one piece with a top hat covering the calibration resistor, so they create access to the the locking plate with that little tab you can move from the front. If its "closed" you cant pull the wires out the back (without destroying the tabs on the pins) - its supposed to be "closed". If you left it open accidently it wont really matter b/c you need quite a bit of tug to pull the pins out anyway and I doubt you'd manage to do that accidently.

• Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn

steve30

Private
Sep 26, 2019
Ride
E36 M3, E90 335 ST
It's just a locking / retainer plate that slides over the pins to stop them from being pulled out. The lsu connector doesn't pull apart easily like most connectors because its mostly one piece with a top hat covering the calibration resistor, so they create access to the the locking plate with that little tab you can move from the front. If its "closed" you cant pull the wires out the back (without destroying the tabs on the pins) - its supposed to be "closed". If you left it open accidently it wont really matter b/c you need quite a bit of tug to pull the pins out anyway and I doubt you'd manage to do that accidently.

Great to know, thank you for the reply!