WTB Bolt On Cowl Filters

KPDcompany

Private
May 7, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ride
2008 335i E90
Figured I'd check here before I buy new ones. They can be used, I'll do the refresh on them. I'm developing a Cowl-less simple bracket to hold the cross engine wiring harnesses back and away, something more elegant than zip-ties, so I need some filters so I can keep the cowl off while developing this. Thanks!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have a wire guide, but it's for the m3 cowl. The lack of a guide is one of the reasons I went the m3 route.

KPDcompany

Private
May 7, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ride
2008 335i E90
I have a wire guide, but it's for the m3 cowl. The lack of a guide is one of the reasons I went the m3 route.
Exactly. That's why I figured I'd develop one. Now i'm almost wondering If i should do a cheaper alternative filter with activated charcoal sheet inserts and have it come with a guide.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Make a lightweight cowl compatible with those filters that allows access to the engine bay but still seals properly with the hood!!! I'd buy. None of the cowl solutions other than OE seal with the hood and create an aero disturbance at speed.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I have a set of BMS cowl filters. I only used them a couple weeks before I got tired of engine smells and pulled them off.

KPDcompany

Private
May 7, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ride
2008 335i E90
Make a lightweight cowl compatible with those filters that allows access to the engine bay but still seals properly with the hood!!! I'd buy. None of the cowl solutions other than OE seal with the hood and create an aero disturbance at speed.

That's definitely possible, but definitely alot of work. WoukW most likely be sheet metal combined with plastic parts. I'll look into this further!

I have a set of BMS cowl filters. I only used them a couple weeks before I got tired of engine smells and pulled them off.

How much you want for them? I need some to design around for a cover/cowl