BMW wheel locks

Vetracr

Private
Mar 16, 2018
Ride
BMW Z4
Had new tires mounted today and idiot tech who did install used pneumatic wrench instead of torque wrench to tighten wheel bolts. It wasn't until I got home and was installing duct tape over the wheel weights that I noticed the right rear wheel lock bolt didn't look right. The internal splines looked partially stripped. When i tried wheel lock it wouldn't go in. How do you remove stripped wheel lock bolt?

bob20124

Oct 4, 2018
Ride
2011 Z4 35I
Went through same situation on 3 wheels. Replaced with BMS wheel locks.

Vetracr

Private
Mar 16, 2018
Ride
BMW Z4
Had new tires mounted today and idiot tech who did install used pneumatic wrench instead of torque wrench to tighten wheel bolts. It wasn't until I got home and was installing duct tape over the wheel weights that I noticed the right rear wheel lock bolt didn't look right. The internal splines looked partially stripped. When i tried wheel lock it wouldn't go in. How do you remove stripped wheel lock bolt?

Was able to get stripped BMW wheel lock off. Removed 3 good wheel lock bolts, then took lock tool and pounded it into striped bolt. Impact wrench was then able to back out stripped bolt. Replaced with regular bolts. No more wheel locks.