billet coolant tank option Southwest Bimmers

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Option for an aftermarket coolant tank. I remember seeing some guys posting that their tank exploded for whatever reason. $450 from Southwest Bimmers
IMG_2435.PNG
IMG_2436.PNG

IMG_2435.PNG IMG_2436.PNG

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Nice, those guys are local to me and I've known them for years. Will swing by Monday if I get a minute and take peek.

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Nice, those guys are local to me and I've known them for years. Will swing by Monday if I get a minute and take peek.
Yeah let me know what you think. I'm currently setting up the coolant reservoir on the drivers side and I don't really like how it's so close to the accessory belt. 450 is a bit of a hike for me but maybe I'll come around lol. Billet is nice but it's so damned expensive

Skeletors_e90

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
Florida
Since this is a thing now and csf has aluminum radiators for us, what's go stop someone from running AN fittings and solid line for the upper radiator hose to block and expansion over flow in hard line w/fittings to upper hose? I like to built proof stuff as much as possible and seeing that little break all the time or the tanks popping, it's something I'd rather never deal with again if i didn't have to. Look way cool man, does in come in black?

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
I wonder how it would compare to something like the Radium Engineering universal expansion tank. I wanted to get one of those, but I would need to look into how to fit it since I don't know of anyone else running it with an N54
http://www.radiumauto.com/Coolant-Expansion-Tank-Universal-P971.aspx
You'd have to incorporate the coolant level sensor somehow. Or just delete the code so it doesn't show up on the dash. I still feel like $299 is still too much for a glorified water jug.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Haven't had a chance to get by there but I'm sure it's a quality piece. If you want a preventive measure in place and didn't want the bling you can replace the bleed screw with a metal one. Likely the most common rupture point. Can't remember what vendor makes them but they exist

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Oh, confirmed no plug? Sucks. I know a billet coolant res exists with the bmw sensor plug but unfortunately it is for an E46 an is shaped like a loaf of bread.
yes i believe I'ts from AGA. I saw that coolant reservoir and hoped they made one for N54 but no:(