doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Looks like @JF@Big_Boost_Turbo is stepping into the B58 game:

JF@Big_Boost_Turbo said:
Last week we got our own M240i for parts development. After doing some baseline runs at the dyno, we finally got to work on it. Our plans are manufacturing a stage 3 turbo and a port-injection, both to be released by late May. Stages 1 and 2 with direct replacement turbocharger will follow, no estimate time of arrival for those.

We'll keep you updated on progress!
*Update*
We got the manifold yesterday and will be testing the kit with just JB4, EWG Wires and Meth injection, while PI is being manufactured.
JF@Big_Boost_Turbo said:
So today we have machined the manifold that arrived yesterday from the foundry. We have test fitted it and looks great, we took some pictures to share with you. Port injection is now on CAD design, we hope one month from today we will start some testing.
i197752.png

lG1FXz4.png

l8M7C3Z.png

Uy7ydmu.png

JF@Big_Boost_Turbo

Lurker
Platinum Vendor
Jan 20, 2017
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
bigboostusa.com
Ride
2016 f22 M235i
The problem is not the fuel amount, there is a cap in the DME that does not allow it to give more fuel when boost levels raise. I think with the port-injection and stage 2 fuel pump we should be able to run 12.5 AFRs in which the engine can produce more power and hold more boost. Now our restricting factor is the Torque Limiter, as it happens with the N55 when the torque levels are too high for the DME's parameters the throttle body blade angle will start reducing.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The problem is not the fuel amount, there is a cap in the DME that does not allow it to give more fuel when boost levels raise. I think with the port-injection and stage 2 fuel pump we should be able to run 12.5 AFRs in which the engine can produce more power and hold more boost. Now our restricting factor is the Torque Limiter, as it happens with the N55 when the torque levels are too high for the DME's parameters the throttle body blade angle will start reducing.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to fake the torque value with the JB4? Something I'm sure @Terry@BMS has looked at, just don't know what the final word on that is.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

I heard you'll have this cracked in 2 months? @JF@Big_Boost_Turbo

JF@Big_Boost_Turbo

Lurker
Platinum Vendor
Jan 20, 2017
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
bigboostusa.com
Ride
2016 f22 M235i
Because we are committed with our customers we have a fully developed wastegated exhaust manifold which allows full boost control without compromising performance!

The reason we developed this new manifold was because some cars varying on weather conditions and additional hardware were building boost very fast while the DME wasn't fast enough to control the boost correctly, causing throttle oscillations. The external wastegate keeps the twin scroll division so the awesome response these cars were having is kept but allowing full top end performance without throttle closures.

All these tests were done on 93 octane fuel and throttle body injection.

Mods: Stage 3 turbo with wastegated manifold and manual boost controller, Throttle Body Injection with #24 jet, Jb4, BMS intake. Stock catback exhaust. V.8 firmware

Here there are different maps and settings, dyno and log.

Most graphs have the boost which is named as user analog 1.

Map 0:

B58 Map 0 ex wg.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

Map 1:

B58 map 1 ex wg.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

Map 2:

B58 map 2 ex wg.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

Map 7 20 add, 20 fua:

B58 Map 7 20 add ex wg.jpeg

File_002.jpeg