Best turbo kit for n54

Ki817

Nov 21, 2016
Dfw
I am asking this question and hope to get people to answer it properly.. I have a n54.. I am buying another that has stock. I want to stick with the twin setup. That being said I hear alot about PURE,VARGAS going out and others as well. What I want to know is we all invest in these and it costs alot. What company vouches for their product and warranty and will replace them? Please be respectful to your responses and I am asking about twin setup.. so no single talk or bashing.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I think that all companies are wary over turbo warranties. This is one of those grey lines where it just depends on how willing the manufacturer is to come out of pocket on the questionable returns.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Agreed with @doublespaces

This is something that the majority is up to you! When buying something its probably to go with the most comfortable method. You could get some crazy powerful setup but, if there is no warranty on the product then thats all you get for your money. Find good business, people that are responsive for support and, people that wont say "You ran too much boost" or "Sorry, we cannot do anything"

This is something you will need to decide yourself. Single out the company most people stay loyal too and always have good feedback about their feedback with the product.

These types of products are nothing like "Do I get great value or?, name brand" this is where it all matters. Being smarter will makes things less hard.

Ki817

Nov 21, 2016
Dfw
Thanks for the response on the post. I have Vargas stage 2 on one car and I have around 500 hp. Its way under power for a reason because my goals and what I use the car for I don't need balls to the wall. NOW this second car will be a 135 and I would like twin setup and more HP SO I'll take what ppl say and go with a mixture of the knowledge I have and input from you guys.
Agreed with @doublespaces

This is something that the majority is up to you! When buying something its probably to go with the most comfortable method. You could get some crazy powerful setup but, if there is no warranty on the product then thats all you get for your money. Find good business, people that are responsive for support and, people that wont say "You ran too much boost" or "Sorry, we cannot do anything"

This is something you will need to decide yourself. Single out the company most people stay loyal too and always have good feedback about their feedback with the product.

These types of products are nothing like "Do I get great value or?, name brand" this is where it all matters. Being smarter will makes things less hard.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Op, if you are looking to stay twins, nothing I mean nothing can touch a set of GC's. To anyone who says other wise. Ask them for trap speeds, and dyno overlays. They will quickly run out of things to say. For Real world results. GC's 169.9MPH 1/2 mile 3700lb car, 1/4 mile 137MPH same car. Trap speeds are ALWAYS a true indicator of power. Dynos are just marketing tools, which we also use, but traps are what tells you all you need to know about how much power is being made. If you want to look at dyno overlays. This is GC's to the new MMP graph. We wont get into the other flaws the MMP turbos have design wise. We will just look at power production...

GC776vsMMP710.jpg

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I'm no owner but I've heard PURE really stands behind their warranty... I won't say what I've herd about others... I'm not trying to bash... But I have heard a lot more good things about pure... I'm a none owner of any AM twins, nor do I work for any of them... But there is a lively debate on the N5X Facebook page about this right now... Bullet point to that debate is that PURE DOES stand behind and warranty there turbos, where as they all have warranties, They are limited by "what caused the failure" and a lot of the times they will say "it's your fault we will not replace it" or "the turbo invested something you had loose/free/open.." And so on... Hope this helps