Austin TX F10 N55 PWG MT

LoneStar

Sep 30, 2021
I joined SpoolStreet to see what MHD customization info I could find for my 2012 535i w/mechanical wastegate and manual transmission. Not sure how many manual transmission 5 series owners there are any more. Seems like there are plenty of happy 1, 2, and 3 series manual transmission owners. I'm going to see how long I can keep my unicorn happy with some minor mods (probably MHD Stage 1 and maybe some entertainment system upgrades). Don't really want a race car, but 40 to 50 more hp would be welcomed!

Reactions: doublespaces

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
A F10 535i in a manual is definitely a rare site. A stage 2 tune with a intake and downpipe should yield you more than 50hp. You could also keep your car stock and just run a stage 1 tune, and then see if you desire more. Make sure your maintenance is up to date first.

LoneStar

Sep 30, 2021
A F10 535i in a manual is definitely a rare site. A stage 2 tune with a intake and downpipe should yield you more than 50hp. You could also keep your car stock and just run a stage 1 tune, and then see if you desire more. Make sure your maintenance is up to date first.
Thanks for the welcome!

I'd like to keep the exhaust volume reasonable (I'm not 20 something any more), so I've not been considering a downpipe. I might upgrade the intercooler and charge pipe (and maybe some coil overs for the suspension).

I've been going back and forth on the tune between MHD and BootMod3. I do like the wifi adapter from MHD. The BootMod3 OBD ENET cable plus wifi adapter seems a bit clunky. Otherwise they seem pretty similar based on what I have read so far. Let me know if you have any insights.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I'd keep the suspension stock. F10's ride great factory, my mom has a f10 535i and its a comfortable car. With A downpipe, intake, charge pipe, and intercooler you'd be good for mhd stage 2 plus. I'd look into a clutch upgrade, as it might not appreciate the new found power especially knowing that car weighs over 4100lbs. Also is your exhaust valved?