ARP head stud issue?

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I have heard about some issues with these studs being to short and stripping out the block. Has anyone had any experience with this? And how many of you are running these without issue.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Are the motiv motors running these? I haven't heard of any issues with any of their engines.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I have spoken with Andy, and others. Basically the off the shelf studs are for a Chrysler 2.2 motor, they are a little short. A lot of people have custom made studs, we have a local place here in CA that has them for us. They were all out, but they have them back in stock now. Basically the Chrysler studs are fine for lower power motors people just wanting a built motor as a peace of mind issue. You cannot go over 75 or so ft lbs on them. We have a couple sets here we just got from AD we use in the lower power builds. I have two of the custom sets coming for our motors. Andy has his own custom studs made that get rid of the 9mm studs, and its all 11mm. Which is the 100% correct way to do it. We wont even get into the dipshit way the other company is doing it by leaving the 9mm studs in place, and going 1/2" on the rest. :nomouth: If anyone wants the custom studs with the correct block side thread length, we can get them in 1-2 days currently.