Technical Anyone successfully deleted the evap system?

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
I can tell this has triggered you somehow, i apologise, to make you feel better ill leave it as is. Didnt mean to offend you as you seem to feel very strongly on this. Rest easy tonight bud wouldnt want you losing sleep over my car and its evap system

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
@jyamona thanks for the tip man! Ill talk to chris about it this weekend! He mentioned about him wanting to do it the other day and got me thinking of doing it while my car is up in the air

Reactions: N54whore

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
You can also try and find the diagrams for some euro spec cars, not sure if they come with the hard parts since it's not used over there.

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
You can also try and find the diagrams for some euro spec cars, not sure if they come with the hard parts since it's not used over there.
I did try searching for diargrams and didn't come up with much, ill do some more digging and see what i can come across

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I can tell this has triggered you somehow, i apologise, to make you feel better ill leave it as is. Didnt mean to offend you as you seem to feel very strongly on this. Rest easy tonight bud wouldnt want you losing sleep over my car and its evap system

Nah dude all good, I'll I wanted to know what's the point and benefit

I'm by no means a tree hugging fanatic but removing this will release unnecessary hydro carbons into the atmosphere, when fuel is hot it expands and when it cools it will draw air and moisture in. This will be only small amounts but it will still happen unless you put an air dryer on the line like trucks do on the airtanks, so there's definetly con's for the idea.

So I'm just asking you what is the benefit because I would like to understand if there is.

It's like releasing a can of paint in to the local lake, just because you can doesnt mean you should.

I'm not attacking you or trying to piss you off its just so far you haven't demonstrated and pro's for the idea and we are all here to learn and benefit from each others knowledge.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Unless there was an issue with the evp system and you just couldnt be stuffed spending the money fixing it if there was, I would leave it.

You can't simply block it off and as Chris stated you will still have to vent it through a custom catch can in the rear, so its really not that simple.

There is only one line and a solonoid running from front to back of the car and thats all you would be saving, the charcoal canister you would replace with a catch can.

So what's the benefit ?
The benefit for us was very simple, its a race car. EVAP is an emissions system with vacuum lines running the length of the car, a big cluster of things tucked up into the drivers rear, which is also reasonably heavy. Completely unneeded for our application. Remove clutter, remove weight, This is race car 101. I think on a race car the question should be, so what does this not benefit?

Reactions: Mikejones1208

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Totally agree on race car application as every pound counts but not for street or even occasional street use as its only a minor saving.

S`ebu

Jun 28, 2019
Ride
335i
The benefit for us was very simple, its a race car. EVAP is an emissions system with vacuum lines running the length of the car, a big cluster of things tucked up into the drivers rear, which is also reasonably heavy. Completely unneeded for our application. Remove clutter, remove weight, This is race car 101. I think on a race car the question should be, so what does this not benefit?

Can you tell who did you do it? What does it require than just removing the parts?

N54whore

Lurker
Oct 26, 2018
I did try searching for diargrams and didn't come up with much, ill do some more digging and see what i can come across
Did you ever figure this out. I’m looking into deleting mine as well. Very curious as to how you did it if you did it.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I'd be interested in doing this too. Have had a minor EVAP leak intermittently ever since doing my custom quad exhaust and can't be stuffed chasing the point connection that's pissed off.

Much rather convert to euro spec and say good riddance to the damn thing. Did the same with my TPMS.