Another HPFP option: XDI for N54

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi

Looks like another TTFS/XDI HPFP, this time for the N54-style pump. This will be a full replacement, not an overdrive or dual pump setup AFAIK.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Interested to hear more information about this. May hold off on buying spools overdrive kit if this looks promising as well.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Glad to see we'll have 4-7 DI only setups this year lol. I'm honestly shocked it's taken this long, but hey at least its here.

I'm curious if they're going to just have one of their current setups (which is two N55 pumps, correct?) modified to fit where the flange for our HPFP connects and somehow drive it that way too, or if they'll be going another route for driving it. Iirc the issue with doing this amongst the small group who was trying something similar was that it was a lobe-driven pump instead of chain/fitting driven like stock, which was hard to get the DME to control even when they found a way to drive it.

2019 - death of PI for N54s?

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
Not much out there yet, just that it's being tested, that they're also working on aftermarket piezo injectors, and that there won't be any tuning adjustments needed for the pump, apparently because the pump will be coming with its own controller?

Probably not cheap though.

Is this the one based on the Porsche HPFP?

Neil
No. That's M18. XDI makes their own pumps.

I'm curious if they're going to just have one of their current setups (which is two N55 pumps, correct?) modified to fit where the flange for our HPFP connects and somehow drive it that way too, or if they'll be going another route for driving it. Iirc the issue with doing this amongst the small group who was trying something similar was that it was a lobe-driven pump instead of chain/fitting driven like stock, which was hard to get the DME to control even when they found a way to drive it.

No, TTFS was selling/tuning the XDI pumps on late N55 as well as the S55 dual pump retrofit setup, which confused a lot of people. The former is one pump in the $2k range, the latter was the $5k dual pump option. I'd expect this to be more like the former, a single high flow pump going for $2k+, but driven in a yet-to-be-revealed way.

And don't quote me on pricing, I know nothing except the cost of their other pumps

Last edited:
Reactions: MDORPHN

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Wow $2k for a hpfp? Will it support 1kwhp on e85?

Edit: I know the price is for the n55 version, but I'm curious if it supports those levels on that platform.

Last edited:

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Not at the prices xdi is quoting n55 owners...
This is more what I meant by that statement:
The more solutions the merrier.
Yes this will likely cost more than most other solutions is my guess, but still. More DI only options there are the better. I'm going to guess as far as cost goes itll be something along the lines of Spool>VTT>M18>XDI but that's just a guess based on what I know so far.