Alcantara Trim Wrap

Duplicities

Lurker
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
E90 335i FBO w/ Inlets (soon)
Decided to replace all the wood trim in my car with alcantara. Have an alcantara shift boot and e-brake boot on their way, how difficult is the wrapping procedure when it comes to wrapping the trim though? And any recommendations on where to buy the fabric? Thanks

Duplicities

Lurker
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
My steering wheel is alcantara. In for pics, it can look sexy.
I've seen one person with the exact setup I'm aiming for and it looks awesome, if by some crazy chance I win the wheel giveaway I'm definitely going to get alcantara and it'll wrap everything up so nicely.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm not sure how long it will last on the trim, but the steering wheel does feel like it needs re-wrapped. It will be plush AF tho when you're done. Headliner too?

Duplicities

Lurker
Jun 1, 2017
Ride
I'm not sure how long it will last on the trim, but the steering wheel does feel like it needs re-wrapped. It will be plush AF tho when you're done. Headliner too?
Headliner is something I'm worried about, might just black it out at a later time if anything. Like with carbon fiber, I think this could get very corny looking very fast so I'm trying to keep it minimal you know? And from what I've seen, using spray adhesive makes it stick perfect and it holds up. AND if you wrap the trim in painters tape beforehand if you ever want to go back it will look just how it did before without any damage caused.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Headliner is something I'm worried about, might just black it out at a later time if anything. Like with carbon fiber, I think this could get very corny looking very fast so I'm trying to keep it minimal you know? And from what I've seen, using spray adhesive makes it stick perfect and it holds up. AND if you wrap the trim in painters tape beforehand if you ever want to go back it will look just how it did before without any damage caused.
No harm in doing a little at a time and seeing how it feels/looks.

Reactions: Duplicities
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
I had some pieces wrapped and they didn't stand up very well to the AZ climate. I did all the trim pieces and I think it was a little too much. Pulled it all off and painted them metallic black. All better. Love the way the stuff feels, I'd just use it sparingly.

V-Viper

Aug 31, 2017
Ride
2007 335i
I have seen some great packages on ebay come and go, and they even give you "core" credit you return your org tirm.