ABR Houston's engine program

Alex@abrhouston

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
www.abrhouston.com
Howdy guys :D
We're excited to get built N54's into the hands of more people who are making power. We all know the platform is progressing heavily, and we want to see big cars make big power!
That being said, we've come up with an engine program that is designed for YOUR BUDGET and YOUR LEVEL of build.

You just want a closed deck? No problem! The Mercenary is for the budget minded/hard core DIY'ers.
STARTING AT $1999.95!

Need a closed deck and don't want to mess with the crank? We have the Hitman for you ...
STARTING AT $3349.95!

Do you need a complete closed-deck built bottom end? The Punisher!
STARTING AT $4999.95!
Of course, we have options with each one as well.
  • JE pistons
  • Pauter Connecting rods
  • Front crank hub and bolt installs
  • Custom coating on pistons or bearings
  • Cylinder heads
  • Head studs
  • Ferrea Valve train
  • Engine assembly
  • Engine installation
  • Maximum PSI Pinned hub assembly
Just let us know what you want, and we'll do it!

http://www.abrhouston.com/build-your-own-n54/

N55 engine stuff is currently being worked on for the website- We're doing closed deck, rods/pistons, head work and have valvetrain available for them as well.
S55 stuff we have rods/pistons/headwork, and valvetrain as well!

Questions? Just ask :)
[email protected]

-Alex

abr houston.jpg

Last edited:

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
Do you have any customers on the forums w/ experience to share? Several shops offer engine builds & I have seen very little first hand, good experience. I realize bad press will usually overshadow good press, however, there is some legitimacy to the point.

Alex@abrhouston

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
www.abrhouston.com
Understood. We have engines all over the US in daily drivers and enthusiast's cars. Come by if you're local and take a spin in our 135 loaner car- it has one of our engines with a Stg1 head and stock turbos. It's remarkably fast for a "stock" engine. We've been building N54's for 5-6 years now, and have sprinkled them all over the place.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Has built motor false knock ever been solved?
Built motor and false knock was a myth. It was more related to flywheel issues in automatics and dual mass flywheel issues in manual cars as far as I'm aware. But I'm sure an engine builder may be able to clarify.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Very nice, JE I'm assuming? I wonder how much these actually help with friction. How much lighter are these than the previous pistons you were using?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Why aren't they asymmetrical from the factory? Seems logical so I'm confused as to why BMW didn't do it.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Very nice, JE I'm assuming? I wonder how much these actually help with friction. How much lighter are these than the previous pistons you were using?

Look at all the weight removed...friction reduction is interesting for sure but weight reduction is more interesting. Less stress on the rotating assembly and higher RPM possibilities ;)