6AT to DCT Converstion

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
The best advice I’ve seen is to convert to 335i DCT, then once working do thr M3 GTS conversion. So yes use the 35i harness

To be honest with XHP the M3 conversion is largely cosmetic.
XHP enabled the M3 shift speed and adjustable shift patterns so the real gain is the shifter and the possibility of one day having M Drive

M3 converted cars are more problematic to get XHP working(though this may no longer be an issue with recent updates)

Reactions: Dipp and Begood69

Dipp

Lurker
Oct 11, 2020
Brooklyn ny
The best advice I’ve seen is to convert to 335i DCT, then once working do thr M3 GTS conversion. So yes use the 35i harness

To be honest with XHP the M3 conversion is largely cosmetic.
XHP enabled the M3 shift speed and adjustable shift patterns so the real gain is the shifter and the possibility of one day having M Drive

M3 converted cars are more problematic to get XHP working(though this may no longer be an issue with recent updates)
I meant to put E9x m3 transmission harness sorry. I got a great deal on the rear diff so I said why not.

Mr2gq

Apr 3, 2022
I know this thread is old but I’m new here and need some info. My car is an 08 335I auto. I see you have to use the Dct transmission harness, when I removed the auto harness You have to remove wires from the black and blue connectors as they connect to the green or purple connectors, do they need to be connected somewhere? They seem to be ground wires. They are associated with pins 13 14 and 16 at the auto trans connector . Any help would be great

Dipp

Lurker
Oct 11, 2020
Brooklyn ny
I should say this, the Dct trans harness only came with the blue and black plug.

What car did the harness come from ?

Dipp

Lurker
Oct 11, 2020
Brooklyn ny
I used the same harness, This is the schematic I used and it worked for me

Attachments

• Dct wiring 1.jpg
    Dct wiring 1.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 215

AKhkharux

Aug 13, 2022
Hey, guys. I'm trying to build the harness for my DCT swap and I have both the harness from my vehicle and the harness that came from the donor car. If someone could please help me out that would be appreciated.

rominun

Private
Nov 9, 2019
Socal
Ride
2010 135i DCT
Did anybody have to do part 4 the switch from Kline to dcan ????
yes. very simple. swap pin 7 to pin 14 on obd and add another one from pin 17 of blue connector on jbe to pin 6 on obd. make sure you get a newer jbe

Reactions: Dipp

Calamari_

Private
Jan 29, 2023
Just want to confirm but the Diagram DIPP posted is for 2007/01 cars? Considering it says up to 2008? Doing a DCT swap on my early year E92, Was an auto originally, went to manual now DCT, just having some problems getting everything to communicate if someone wouldnt mind helping me out

AKhkharux

Aug 13, 2022
Just want to confirm but the Diagram DIPP posted is for 2007/01 cars? Considering it says up to 2008? Doing a DCT swap on my early year E92, Was an auto originally, went to manual now DCT, just having some problems getting everything to communicate if someone wouldnt mind helping me out

I might be able to help you out.

Calamari_

Private
Jan 29, 2023
Currently, the trans is in and bolted up, GWS is wired up and mounted, pretty much its all mounted/in the car, just having communication issues/the steps to actually program the GWS etc.

BUT i have a few questions if you dont mind.
First, the JBE, Obviously it has to be switched out with one that supports a DCT unless your is a newer model that supports it already, My car is a 2007/01 so its a very very early model. JBE is switched out, car is already running on an MSD81. Only thing i havent swapped out is the DSC, Would the DSC be a cause of the communication issues to where it wont shift out of neutral into park? After a little research i see the DSC tells/send torque info to the trans so the trans knows how much line pressure it needs to apply if im not mistaken. But that wouldnt cause a chain of PT can codes would it? Most of my codes consist of EGS communication codes, one specifically is an EGS PT can and PT can2 communication fault

Dipp

Lurker
Oct 11, 2020
Brooklyn ny
Currently, the trans is in and bolted up, GWS is wired up and mounted, pretty much its all mounted/in the car, just having communication issues/the steps to actually program the GWS etc.

BUT i have a few questions if you dont mind.
First, the JBE, Obviously it has to be switched out with one that supports a DCT unless your is a newer model that supports it already, My car is a 2007/01 so its a very very early model. JBE is switched out, car is already running on an MSD81. Only thing i havent swapped out is the DSC, Would the DSC be a cause of the communication issues to where it wont shift out of neutral into park? After a little research i see the DSC tells/send torque info to the trans so the trans knows how much line pressure it needs to apply if im not mistaken. But that wouldnt cause a chain of PT can codes would it? Most of my codes consist of EGS communication codes, one specifically is an EGS PT can and PT can2 communication fault
Had this issue , tried tons of things only thing that got rid of that code for me was putting a 335is dme cas and key in the vehicle.