Technical 5 Bar MAP sensor wiring

breakmywallet

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
CT
I plan on making my own harness from an adapter I purchased from BMS and splicing in my own MAP sensor. I couldn't find the female connector for the OEM harness, hence the decision to use my BMS adapter. I'll be using the AEM 30-2130-75, which is a 0-75psia (5 bar) MAP sensor. AEM provides calibration data for this sensor (see link) which is the main reason I chose it, so I was able to make my own .txt file and add the sensor to the SCal sensor database. AEM also provides the sensor pinout (also in the link above). I'm still waiting on my Syvecs to arrive, so I haven't tested this yet.

Below is a generic Bosch TMAP pinout; the bottom drawing is viewed as looking into the sensor. If you're planning on using the stock Bosch TMAP for temperature only, it should only need two wires connected to the ground and NTC resistor pins. The AEM 5 bar will need power, ground, and output to the respective pins - just splice the two ground wires from the two sensors into a single lead to the connector.

View attachment 16581
Did you ever make one? you got any pics? i have a bms adapter i tapped but it gave me bunch of codes. so i dont think i did it right.

AshwinLB

Private
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Ride
2010 E82 135i
This is semi-related to this thread.

Basically I'm trying to read my IAT temps through the manifold MAP sensor rather than the chargepipe TMAP sensor. I had a suspicion that the manifold MAP sensor might actually be a TMAP since the actual sensor had 4 pins. Through some testing I was able to determine that the 1.5 bar manifold sensor is indeed a TMAP but it stops reading after 26c. I'm guessing this is due to the resistance scaling being off due to the car thinking the data is coming from the 3.5 bar chargepipe sensor I have. Gonna try reflashing to 2.5 bar sensor setting and see if it reads above 26c. Otherwise it's probably just doesn't read above 26c.

This is a stretch but in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone has the scaling data for temperature vs resistance for this 1.5 bar sensor. I tried looking thru the voldemort wiring diagram website but there's no data since this tmap sensor was never used for IAT by BMW.