335i aftermarket head unit

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
So, Essentially there is a work-around for this. Do keep in mind you are running a fiber optic connection with HiFi / Logic7.
http://www.dynavin.com/products/n6_e9x.php

Anyone know if this will actually work as a direct replacement for the head unit on a logic 7 system? Any chance it will show the JB4 info as well? i read that it was a good replacement in another forum.

There are adapters that will allow you to use the steering wheel functions still. (Connects2, Crux Adapter, others somewhere I'm sure)

But, the Dynavin is the only one that will be compatible with the Logic 7 System. I doubt that you will be able to display the JB4 on it without modifying the Dynavin software all together.

mlamp89

Lurker
Dec 2, 2016
Columbus ohio
So, Essentially there is a work-around for this. Do keep in mind you are running a fiber optic connection with HiFi / Logic7.

There are adapters that will allow you to use the steering wheel functions still. (Connects2, Crux Adapter, others somewhere I'm sure)

But, the Dynavin is the only one that will be compatible with the Logic 7 System. I doubt that you will be able to display the JB4 on it without modifying the Dynavin software all together.

It sucks because the dynavin is something like 800 bucks. But I found others that are like 300. But it sounds like I would have to put the stock HU in the trunk and maybe replace the amp... I wish it were more simple. like all the other HU and stereo upgrades I have done.

mlamp89

Lurker
Dec 2, 2016
Columbus ohio
my big thing is wanting something more user friendly. Something that I can have NAV, a screen for videos(movies), rear view camera(never had one before), etc. I also want to put in new subs in the trunk, which thats no issue. I can just tap an LOC off of the stock subs, but the HU with logic 7 is making life difficult.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have this and it works flawlessly. ;)

I was about to drop a grand or two on an audio system because the non logic 7 sound is just awful. There is no bass at all, its like there is no mid bass speakers under the seats.

Reactions: b1mmr

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
I was about to drop a grand or two on an audio system because the non logic 7 sound is just awful. There is no bass at all, its like there is no mid bass speakers under the seats.
I've got the logic 7 myself and while the bass was there, I had two kicker L7's in my previous car so let's be realistic here.. I wouldn't have been happy with any stock subwoofer.

I'd upgrade the rest but nothing out there has the same impedance to just drop in and replace the stock speakers.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I've got the logic 7 myself and while the bass was there, I had two kicker L7's in my previous car so let's be realistic here.. I wouldn't have been happy with any stock subwoofer.

I'd upgrade the rest but nothing out there has the same impedance to just drop in and replace the stock speakers.

Isn't that why everyone that does this (mostly) uses a DSP? I think that was one of the more expensive parts of what I had planned but failed to follow through on. A lot of it is because the musicar guy I was speaking to didn't reply to me in a very good timeline or at all in the end. He was very knowledgeable however and probably thought I was just kicking tires.

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Isn't that why everyone that does this (mostly) uses a DSP? I think that was one of the more expensive parts of what I had planned but failed to follow through on. A lot of it is because the musicar guy I was speaking to didn't reply to me in a very good timeline or at all in the end. He was very knowledgeable however and probably thought I was just kicking tires.
I briefly read into DSP's earlier and it seems that they separate frequencies from one line to be played on more lines (like high and low frequencies on separate speakers). That's not to say that there isn't a DSP that can't do impedance, but I honestly do not know.

Impedance is the electrical resistance of a speaker and so if you put in a speaker of lower impedance then I would think you'd run the amp harder, volume would be higher, and audio quality would go down slightly.

Would be great if someone did have a solution for this.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I briefly read into DSP's earlier and it seems that they separate frequencies from one line to be played on more lines (like high and low frequencies on separate speakers). That's not to say that there isn't a DSP that can't do impedance, but I honestly do not know.

Impedance is the electrical resistance of a speaker and so if you put in a speaker of lower impedance then I would think you'd run the amp harder, volume would be higher, and audio quality would go down slightly.

Would be great if someone did have a solution for this.
Oh that's right. You're locked into the stock system due to that fiber channel link or something. I was considering going to my own amp and a dsp instead of using the logic 7 processing and factory amp.

Reactions: b1mmr

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Oh that's right. You're locked into the stock system due to that fiber channel link or something. I was considering going to my own amp and a dsp instead of using the logic 7 processing and factory amp.
Yeah, that's why bavsound drop in's and etc are so expensive because most speakers out there are like 4 ohms. Something close should work but if you want it all "right" then it all needs replaced.

Options would be unlimited then but big $$$ and plenty of labor.

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
I read somewhere that another BMW did have 4 ohm speakers... Would honestly have to pull one out and see what is printed on it. If it were 4 then you could replace them easily.:eek: