2F0C - intake air temperature sensor

Dusty

Lurker
Aug 25, 2018
Ride
335i
So this code:
2F0C - Intake air temperature sensor.

The code started appear week ago at WoT. Well i bought new n20 tmap sensor and new intake air temperature sensor . Still same code at WoT. I have checked/cleaned all connectors to sensors. In logs the temps are not jumping to the roof. Anyone have the clue what is this about?

Have mhd custom map and this upgrades
New stock coils/plugs
Upgrated turbos
Intlets +dci
Cp+tial bov with tmap sensor adapter for bov line
n20 tmap sensor with adapter
Catless dps
Soon 7.5fmic(couple weeks)
Now in custom map timing lowered to keep temps down.

Reactions: 335is02

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I tried to look it up but could not find 2F0C.
However, FWIW, my list of codes has:
2F08 inlet air temperature sensor, signal

Perhaps it’s your harness to the N20 TMAP that’s problematic?

Dusty

Lurker
Aug 25, 2018
Ride
335i
I tried to look it up but could not find 2F0C.
However, FWIW, my list of codes has:
2F08 inlet air temperature sensor, signal

Perhaps it’s your harness to the N20 TMAP that’s problematic?

Thnx for trying to help. The code started appear before i upgraded the n20tmap on chargepipe. After that i tought that it must be the sensor on intakemanifold and bought oem sensor on that one too. But still the code appears near redline on WoT pulls.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Engine/trans:Jb4 with anti lag mod,mhd BEF,xhp flash, mmp turbos,PI,meth injection, Fbo,stage 3 lpfp, PR coils,30 psi tune,mmp Turbo inlets. Psp outlets. 2 step colder plugs. OCC,with vtt vented oil cap.im sure im missing other smaller items. I just cant get the damn thing to run without some kind of code popping up.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
53B13F3F-FF71-4134-AA9E-C78C0663EE4A.png

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Yes. Yesterday I noticed while cruising the IAT display through jb4,is bouncing around in value erratically ex. 0....91....blank.....92.....0...91

There's a small sensor in your front frame rail just below your kidney grills on driver side. Sensor could be bad but likely just have the wires pinched. Wire runs from passenger side across front rail to the sensor.

Dusty

Lurker
Aug 25, 2018
Ride
335i
There's a small sensor in your front frame rail just below your kidney grills on driver side. Sensor could be bad but likely just have the wires pinched. Wire runs from passenger side across front rail to the sensor.
You mean outside temperature sensor? If yes thats wrong one.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
You mean outside temperature sensor? If yes thats wrong one.

Yea, just realized IATs. The other two sensors can be popped out and cleaned. One in the intake mani and the one in the charge pipe.

If running the N20+ adapter clean the harness to adapter connector and make sure it's plugged all the way in. Reset adaptations thru MHD then let it idle for a few minutes. If still an issue then one of the TMaps might be bad.
Try swapping the tmap you replaced with the N20 in to the manifold to isolate issue. I believe they are identical part numbers but you can double check on realoem

Dusty

Lurker
Aug 25, 2018
Ride
335i
Yea, just realized IATs. The other two sensors can be popped out and cleaned. One in the intake mani and the one in the charge pipe.

If running the N20+ adapter clean the harness to adapter connector and make sure it's plugged all the way in. Reset adaptations thru MHD then let it idle for a few minutes. If still an issue then one of the TMaps might be bad.
Try swapping the tmap you replaced with the N20 in to the manifold to isolate issue. I believe they are identical part numbers but you can double check on realoem

Yea done all that and bought even new sensors but no luck with this problem. Code only pops on wot near the redline.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Ye o have not been on dyno. Only on street wot pulls. I will check the harness

Assuming you have the correct option checked in MHD and tuner has confirmed any setting on his end are correct, it would have to be the harness or the N20 itself that are faulty.

Update thread after resolved so it can be used as a reference for others later.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Assuming you have the correct option checked in MHD and tuner has confirmed any setting on his end are correct, it would have to be the harness or the N20 itself that are faulty.

Update thread after resolved so it can be used as a reference for others later.
I ordered a new n20 sensor. Ill update my end also. The harness and sensor has about 200 miles on it.

Reactions: R.G.

Dusty

Lurker
Aug 25, 2018
Ride
335i
Well last week i changed all mine injectors to index 12 and installed vrsf 7.5 race intercooler. Logged many times allready and no codes anymore!