29dc code on track

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
Was at NCM this weekend for a single day. Got a 29dc (cylinder injector shut-off) code one session, giving me a hard limp mode. I restarted the car on the front straight and cleared the rest of the lap. Then went and filled up the tank. Didn't happen again the rest of the day.

Had a touch under half tank of gas, running the Fuel-it bucketless stage 2 with the T-pickup. Installed new I-12 injectors last year.

Could it be the HPFP going out? Any other ideas?

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Im trying to bite my lip here man. I really want to blame the bucketless set up on a road course. No chance you had a log?
See if you can grab some half way to WOT logs and post them.
We should be able to see how your pumps are doing.

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
No logs from on the track. I was at Road Atlanta last month and had fuel starvation with the stock pickup that ships with the bucketless at 3/4 tank. So I bought their T hydromat pickup that is supposed to eliminate that issue. I couldn't find a lot of info on that code, but what I could find pointed to the HPFP. I think it is even listed as one of the codes in the BMW bulletins concerning HPFP replacement.

I'll see if I can snag some logs later this week, but it is difficult to replicate the stress of long duration high RPM full throttle on the street.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
I was at Road Atlanta last month and had fuel starvation with the stock pickup that ships with the bucketless at 3/4 tank.

:eek: I hope guys are paying attention...

I'll see if I can snag some logs later this week, but it is difficult to replicate the stress of long duration high RPM full throttle on the street.

No need to replicate, we'll see if it is unusually stressed pretty quickly in a log.

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
:eek: I hope guys are paying attention...

No need to replicate, we'll see if it is unusually stressed pretty quickly in a log.
So the bucket less is causing fuel starvation? I thought it was said that doesn't happen or do I remember that wrong.
It did on a track with tank down to 3/4 tank. Keep in mind, this was a relatively high g corner, with r compound tires. So not something you would probably experience on the street. That was also with the stock pickup that comes with the bucketless. I thought it would be ok as long as I kept the tank over 1/3 or 1/2 full. But that was not the case.

That was in early April, between then and last weekend, I bought and installed the T hydromat pickup Fuel-it sells that should prevent starvation so long as the pickup is touching gas. I didn't have any starvation at the track last weekend.

Not blaming the pump for the 29dc code at all. Just included that info to eliminate other variables.