2009 e90 335i water pump start working after engine off need help!!!

nnpp404

Jul 20, 2021
Hi everyone!
So,
My car is 2009 E90 335i msport lci model
The car working absolutely fine but, when i turn off the car and take off the key after 1 minute the water pump start working on full power until the battery totaly drain, sometimes stops when i open or unlock the door but after this if i dont put the key to the ingnition the pump start works again!!
My car has no skyblue dme relay in the engine compartment fuse box so not that is the problem, water pump working i tested already and also when the car running works fine, temperature sensor i think working as well because when i open the hidden menu can see normal temperature and when its chanching...
So please if anybody can help its could be really great!!!
I hope some of you can!
Thanks

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Have you scanned the codes? How many miles? What was the last mod or maintenance done on the car?

Reactions: TheFixer

nnpp404

Jul 20, 2021
Have you scanned the codes? How many miles? What was the last mod or maintenance done on the car?
Only showing 2acb dme main relay but i dont have that skyblue relay, car has 76k miles, fully original, last service the regular oil service less then 1000 miles ago

Booda199

Nov 6, 2022
I have the same problem and I cant figure it out,, I changed the water pump and the thermostat and it keeps running also with 2acb code..
Did you solve it?
Please help!!

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
If you Google "n54 water pump continuously running" you will see hundreds of threads on similar issues.

It's either

Wiring issue
Relay issue
Dme issue
Pump issue

You'll have to troubleshoot to find out.

Do you have any coolant leaks?

Reactions: Booda199

Booda199

Nov 6, 2022
If you Google "n54 water pump continuously running" you will see hundreds of threads on similar issues.

It's either

Wiring issue
Relay issue
Dme issue
Pump issue

You'll have to troubleshoot to find out.

Do you have any coolant leaks?
Actually I have only a leak from the radiator
It happens only when I wash the car by the way,,
And I checked the dme box for any signs of water I didnt find any + I know it is a sign of water pump failure but the problem is there is no code for any of the bit serial data components not even a shadow code,
2acb is the only code I have and it appears only when I turn off the car , when I delete it several times it disappears for some time and the pump keeps running only when the code is there..

+ the old water pump was doing the same so I replaced it with a new continental one with a new thermostat