2008 335i

335iEddie

Dec 29, 2020
Car was running great, got in it one day and it started (barely) sputtered then shut off. Got a fuel pump malfunction on the screen, and got on my MHD and got a active 29F3, and shadow 2FCA and 2FDA. My buddy reset the battery while I was at work, and it fired right up and ran great while I was away for 2 days. I got in it when I got back and immediately the same thing, but this time just cranks NO START. Im new to the BMW community, and any advice helps! If I missed anything please let me know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge!

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Car was running great, got in it one day and it started (barely) sputtered then shut off. Got a fuel pump malfunction on the screen, and got on my MHD and got a active 29F3, and shadow 2FCA and 2FDA. My buddy reset the battery while I was at work, and it fired right up and ran great while I was away for 2 days. I got in it when I got back and immediately the same thing, but this time just cranks NO START. Im new to the BMW community, and any advice helps! If I missed anything please let me know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge!
Those are hpfp related and low fuel pressure codes. If you have MHD why reset the codes by disconnecting the battery? Should have done it through MHD or Protools..... anyway, check your battery voltage to make sure you have 12 volts. You'd be surprised the type of batshit crazy your car gets on low voltage. If that's fine and your getting the same codes after reset then your pump is probably dying and your not getting enough fuel to start.