1'Series Hatchback N54 Build/Swap

dvb1995

Private
Nov 24, 2016
Europe
Got a bit more done since the last update!

The front box behind the impact bar didnt fit any more. The one from the hatch didnt fit as the new engine sits much further out. The one from the 335i doesnt fit as the front/lights mounts differently. So i got one from a E82 135i from a salvage yard, and a pair of new light-mount things. Notice the difference.
ElpyKYk.jpg

01GVcto.jpg

1gOYrPN.jpg

The lock for the hood didnt fir in the new front box thing, so i got one from a 135i, and moved the latched in the hood around, so they fit.
2e68yj8.jpg

onblrU2.jpg

MqKsX83.jpg

9N6jpjH.jpg

The impact bar from the hatch had to be ground down a bit to fit over the front box.
oQa0OhW.jpg

Deleted the vacuum line for the exhaust as i will make my own without the valve.
INCYhy6.jpg

Iq8gfZs.jpg

Mounted the brakes from the 335i
IXUDvoP.jpg

06JX2wq.jpg

LaVVGuI.jpg

SlJy66D.jpg

As the car now has the DSC from a 335i you will also need ABS sensors from a 335i.
Rt8G6fp.jpg

I mounted the entire rear subframe from the 335i as it bolts right up to the car, so with doing that i got the bigger diff along with the beefier axels, bigger brakes ect. Sadly i forgot to take pictures of this.
My brake lines in the back didnt like being taken apart, so i made some new. Here is a pic of the short one.
qexmu6H.jpg

Reactions: doublespaces

dvb1995

Private
Nov 24, 2016
Europe
While i had the subframe out i decided to fit some lowering springs i had laying around, but now i feel the car is way too low.
j0cZhAI.jpg

A while ago i shortned the driveshaft, and now i just got it back from balancing.
firZYPp.jpg

n40dvIg.jpg

3h0ZKdJ.jpg

qzssoQ9.jpg

So here is how it looks now
uRUmKw1.jpg

t7hAUXb.jpg

5sdqVbq.jpg

WHE3neU.jpg

Please tell me what you think. I almost have all the wiring done so i think i will have the car started this weekend.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This is really sweet seeing it all come together. You must have done your research as you seem to be chugging along. I'm interested to see the first start!

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
I would love to have all the tools and space that you do! Sick progress looking forward to seeing more.

Are you going to just do body work or are you going to be doing the natural thing to do when you own a N54... Dial up the boost (;?

dvb1995

Private
Nov 24, 2016
Europe
Very nice!

I haven't had much success with MHD alone but, I started with JB4 I like my current setup a lot.. Super smooth logs.

JB4+MHD BEF (E85), E35 - Map 5
http://datazap.me/u/mooreofderek/log-1480619308

I have never tried JB4, so i cant really comment on it. I have run backend flashes on all my cars, and i do it on my other n54 powered 1'er. I would like to try the JB4, but i feel my money is better spend elsewhere.

dvb1995

Private
Nov 24, 2016
Europe
This makes me sooo happy!! Do you have an Instagram so we can see more pictures possibly?
Sadly I don't. I'm not much into social media but what do you want to see and I'll try to get a picture of it. I have many more photos than those posted here :)

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Sadly I don't. I'm not much into social media but what do you want to see and I'll try to get a picture of it. I have many more photos than those posted here :)

I just wanted to see if you had any complete engine bay pics in the daylight but you should just post all of them haha

dvb1995

Private
Nov 24, 2016
Europe
It looks pretty much like this now. I'm still missing the part for the intake but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the intake yet.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F5sdqVbq.png

Last edited:

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
It looks pretty much like this now. I'm still missing the part for the intake but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the intake yet.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F5sdqVbq.png
Well we know you're smart so you'll figure it out haha, inlets and DCI probably your best bet but you'll have to fab your own inlets. Still great work