WinKFP/MHD problems. Please help me.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi guys.
I have a huge problem.
I went ahead and tried to load INA0S onto my car (2009 335i N54 DCT).
I have research and spoken to alot of people to ensure i had the info i needed.

First issue
I put JB4 into Map0.
Opened WinKFP, selected the MSD81 iption and chose ZB# 8671658
The Progress bar went to 100% 4 times and then said Programming OK.
I plugged in my MHD and checked error codes. And saw i had the DME Incorrect Data Record.
I then updated the INA0S BEF bits 4BD9D+E from 00 to 01 as instructed.
I loaded the INA0S BEF, and it said Full write 18 - 38min. But completed successfully in 17min. However the car does not start.
I tried to flash back to stock and it requested a 2min write. It completed successfully, then car didnt start.
Wrote back to stock again. Requested Long wrote and then it completed successfully again. And i could start the car.
I noticed that the Current Software in MHD did not read the same ZB# i flashed for INA0S

I tried this plenty.
Have also tried to flash the original IJE0S Current Software i had, and it flashed via WinKFP successfully.
But still if i flash a BEF for IJE0S it flashes successfully. But car doesnt start. Have all the faults on iDrive. Car just swings over.

In MHD, Last Flashed file is Blank.

Could this be a MHD issue since the new update for Full Writes? As no full wrote goes the distance. Always stops at 17min. Then says Success.

Any help here at all please.
Was flashing Via WinKFP to the DME with a BEF loaded a mistake?

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
First use Winkfp to go back with stock ZUSB then use ISTA/D to do a CAS/DME sync.
If you don't have the correct ZUSB for you car go to https://www.realoem.com/ enter your VIN then go to Engine electrical system > Control units
For exemple :Basic cotrol unit DME MSD81 1 12147616431 where 7616431 is the correct ZUSB for your car

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi all.

So i came right. (Well not woth the INA0S upgrade).

The issue seemed to be the V1.8 version of MHD. The first release is what i had on my car. And ive only ever used the MHD to flash BEF which is a 2min write.
Turns out when it had to do a Full Write (18-38min) it would succeed but finish in 17min much like a Long write.
Then the car would never start.
I saw by chance that MHD had another update waiting which said Bug Fixes in the whats new section.
Loaded this.
Then reflashed back to stock. Worked.
Then reflashed my BEF. Worked.

I have not yet tried to flash the INA0S BEF again, but with the Full Write now conpleting, i am pretty confident that it will do the flash correctly.
I will attempt INA0S again at another stage.
However flashing the INA0S ZB to my car doesnt seem to register it. Kept showing the incorrect Current Software number. I flashed 8671658.
And it showed a ZB of 762xxxx. Cant remember exsctly off hand now.
But it wasnt the ZB i loaded. Perhaps this is due to the INA0S BEF file not writing fully so not allowing it to match to the ZB loaded? Anyone give some insight to that?

Thanks in advance.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I was just about to tell you, update to 1.8b. I was getting my writes 'successful' in 10 mins for a full write, but fuel pump was still humming and it wasn't behaving right. Updating to 1.8b fixed it.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I was just about to tell you, update to 1.8b. I was getting my writes 'successful' in 10 mins for a full write, but fuel pump was still humming and it wasn't behaving right. Updating to 1.8b fixed it.

Amazing. Thanks DoubleSpaces. This makes me even more confident and determined to try upgrade to INA0S in the future. Coz now i know i can flash full write successfully.

Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: doublespaces

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Did you do the INA0S flash with UIF update enabled? I'd expect MHD to use the UIF to identify the correct ROM for your car so if you're trying to flash with the old IJE0S UIF data in the car it would use the latest IJE0S ROM.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi Guys.

So i actually have not tried this again, i have been trying to troubleshoot my car smoking on deceleration. ill make a thread on this just now...

For the ROM update, i do believe that it will work, seeing as the only reason it did not work was due to MHD "failing successfully" lol.
when i have the car correct, i will try it agian.

Reactions: aus335iguy

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
So just as a impromtu small update,
I have been driving around with the BMS free BEF files that are available online.
The car has been good, but ive always had a lurching feeling when driving off from a stop. did some reading that the EU models have different parameters etc.

So, i loaded my Stock BIN file into tunerpro, and used the difference tool to port over the BMS Pump flash to my stock "vin_original.bin" file. loaded it up. and have to admit, the car drives and accelerates so much smoother, no more lurching, gear changes are a bit more crisp too, all in all, the drive as a whole has improved.

Reactions: Illsic_Design