why do I have to wait for approval after every post or reply??

sosiiick

Lurker
Mar 25, 2020
Screenshot (1296).png

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
It's because your account is viewed as spam, typically it's because of certain key words, not sure what it is about you. It could be your ip address or email could have been used for spam at some point in the past (not on this site, it's a global matching list called Akismet)

The reason it takes so long is because I've been working 12 hour days. For the last couple weeks I haven't had a day off, lots of shit to do so I'm sorry about that.

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

GnomeChild

Private
Sep 14, 2018
California
Ride
e90 335i LCI M-Sport
I am catching the moderation flag on some of my posts as well. Very frustrating as I am trying to continue discussion/verify information and I don't see anything particularly egregious in my posts

Is it because I am a "new member" or posting off my phone? If that's the case I can switch to a new IP in seconds and hopefully get assigned one that isn't on the flag list...

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The main reason for being akismet matched is because of the links you post, including the images you're copying in from random websites. Those images are urls pointing at other sites, so if you have an image upload it directly.

Reactions: GnomeChild

GnomeChild

Private
Sep 14, 2018
California
Ride
e90 335i LCI M-Sport
I see...

Thank you for that. I did not realize I had the option to upload images directly. Other forums usually require BBCode imbed and I defaulted to uploading images offsite

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
We allow image uploads directly to avoid broken images later on. In fact I used to save them manually but I think that feature had an issue and I haven't had time to diagnose it.

Reactions: wheela