VTT takes 1/4 mile trap record with a 141.21 mph pass!

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
We didn't have the day we wanted (couldn't get the car to launch properly) but still managed to take the N54 trap speed record in the 1/4 with a 141.21 mph pass. We still had fun!

Car is running VTT Stage 3's with a sequential transmission.

Tony says:
Fun day at the track. We absolutely cannot get this car to launch, even building 15psi art the line. 2.2 was the best 60ft of the day. We believe its the gearing in the sequential. 1st gear is like launching in 2nd on a 6MT. What we did manage to do is set the N54 1/4 trap record with a 141.21 pass. This was done at only 27 psi. The only semi clean run we got all day (still misfired up top). So we either drop the final drive drastically or make this a 1/2 mile car only... Decisions, decisions

sticker.jpg

Interestingly enough even with the lousy launch that was a 5.61s 60-130! More to come soon!

IMG_6572.PNG

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Holy hell does that thing have some big end rush!
I beat all of those numbers up to the 1/8th trap speed. After that it'd be like I hit the brakes hard.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Nice. But if we tried this in our cars I think our transmissions and drive shafts would disintegrate.

130s finally overcome. Looks like a game changer lol.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Very nice result, definitely moving in the back half. What was launch RPM? And what mph is reached in first?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Lol 141 mph and still in the 11s
That's what wheel spin and a generally shitty launch (no offense at all meant to the VTT guys) will do. If we were to run conversions and play theoretical armchair racer like some people like to do they'd be blowing everyone else away by a long shot, but thankfully they aren't trying to do that.

Just goes to show what some of us have been saying the past few months - we just need a good drivetrain solution now.
The sequential is geared for 1/2 mile events -our first gear is like a 6MT second gear, so we'll prob make some changes to the car for 1/4 performance and try again soon.

Chris
I'm assuming from your original post you're just talking about your final drive right? What do you guys have in there? Or have you gone farther than most and changed your actual 1st-6th gears? Either way I'm impressed, people will whine about anything online but this is definitely an accomplishment, congrats again guys.

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
That's what wheel spin and a generally shitty launch (no offense at all meant to the VTT guys) will do. If we were to run conversions and play theoretical armchair racer like some people like to do they'd be blowing everyone else away by a long shot, but thankfully they aren't trying to do that.

Just goes to show what some of us have been saying the past few months - we just need a good drivetrain solution now.

I'm assuming from your original post you're just talking about your final drive right? What do you guys have in there? Or have you gone farther than most and changed your actual 1st-6th gears? Either way I'm impressed, people will whine about anything online but this is definitely an accomplishment, congrats again guys.

The sequential has like a 2.4 ratio for 1st, the 6mt factory first is like 4.x so he'd need custom ratios or a shorter rear end. That car is moving though, still some bugs in the NLS to work out but such is normal trying to go fast on cars with a clutch lol.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Transmission is all custom gearing. There are so many changes made to the car you could write a book about it. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some 1/2 mile traps. :)
That's absolutely awesome. Is there anywhere you guys DO have that stuff documented? A large part of my free time is spent reading about cars anyway, so I wouldn't mind a novel

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Transmission is all custom gearing. There are so many changes made to the car you could write a book about it. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some 1/2 mile traps. :)

Cars that trap low 140's in the 1/4 are generally in the high 170's to low 180's in the 1/2.

But you guys trapped 141 on a low power map, so you will likely have an easy 180mph 1/2mi in your future.