Vargas Aluminum outlets

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
Edit: my main reason for posting this was to point out that the aluminum outlets will interfere with hotside inlets. This is not noted on vtt website and had not been discussed previously .

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
there is no problem running tft with alloy outlets you just have to use a longer 90 of the turbo

We have them fitted to a 1m here in oz for rhd with no issues

the only thig we had to do is modify the rear pipe to go around the steering shaft

20181217_170716.jpg

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
Your aftermarket part doesn't work with other aftermarket part. Gasp...

Fair point, i think what was aggravating was the response. Simply saying something like we were not aware of the compatibility issue, we will make a note of it on the website was really all i was looking for.
And the fact that i was alreay replacing a junk part i already got from him didnt help.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Fair point, i think what was aggravating was the response. Simply saying something like we were not aware of the compatibility issue, we will make a note of it on the website was really all i was looking for.
And the fact that i was alreay replacing a junk part i already got from him didnt help.

I would have been wary of mixing and matching parts, especially ones that do not follow the stock route. Ive mixed RB inlets with Vargas outlets, and vice versa. Anything that had a hotside air intake relocation kit interfered with EVERYTHING, not to mention was a complete pain in the fucking ass to install and rubbed on everything.

Instead of assuming all parts mix and match (which a lot of companies dont care if your other brand parts work with theirs, some of them want you to buy only their stuff so they make sure it only works together with their parts), you couldve easily sent off an email with a question of hey, do you think these will fit with the inlets I have?

I dont get all this beef with Tony, hes been more than amicable on my end, but then again I owned my own shop at one point and still wrench on them from time to time, so maybe my background lends more trust than just some random customer off the internet.

Reactions: Panzerfaust

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I really don't know why get upset when mixing and matching parts and they don't fit.

Its all part of modifying cars, live with it.

You can't expect for the supplier to test every inlet turbo configuration as that would add a huge cost to an already cutthroat tight arse market.

If you want perfect and guaranteed fitment you buy inlets and outlets from the same manufacturer otherwise your pretty much on your own or do as most of us do it buy, test, modify and/or sell.