Trying to get o2 to register for smog

socalbmw

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Hello I have been trying to get my o2 to register on my car but It seems that all but one have tuned on after reinstalling my cats. I flashed the car back to stock using MHD as I had a stage one 1. Been driving the car for weeks but nothing. I am doing something wrong here. I had the backend flash with jb4 and it is set to map Zero as well. Is there a chance that MHD still is pulling the wrong map which should be stock. I have fleshed the car using the MHD wireless adapter ( flash back to stock setting). any input would help me out, thanks for any replies. Also I have no check engine lights, is it possible that my o2 is bad, I have one that is new that i might install just to confirm it is that.
1Capture.PNG

socalbmw

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
I will look at what options may still be on the car as that seems to be the issue then. From what I read in the user guide flashing to stock does not require a backup file as MHD will pull from the DME, very helpful as I thought that was the issue. Thanks for guiding me somewhere.

socalbmw

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
TL;DR is make sure the OEM Catted Downpipe(s) option is selected in the MHD tune options.

You do not need to make a backup, but it can't hurt to do so.
Hi again, I'm hoping you can take a look at my setting within MHD to see if I have something wrong. I believe that I have everything turned off but my car keeps showing that my heated catalyst is not available and oxygen sensor incomplete. The only thing that I noticed that was turned on was the exhaust setup option. I had aftermarket downpipes on but turned that off. Drove the car for a few hundred miles with no luck.

Attachments

• 90Capture.PNG
    90Capture.PNG
    92 KB · Views: 27
  • 91Capture.PNG
    91Capture.PNG
    63 KB · Views: 26
  • 92Capture.PNG
    92Capture.PNG
    56.2 KB · Views: 26