Throttle Body extension wire harness question

kisarci

Lurker
Aug 27, 2017
Ride
'07 e92 335i
Hello everyone,

Last year I purchased the VTT/FF intake manifold. I was told in the beginning that the TB extension harness were out of stock for several months but then I found out today that they will no longer be getting them anymore. I saw the BMP front facing manifold on Precision Raceworks and was going to purchase their extension harness but they told me that they do not have them in stock either.

So I am now wondering how I will be able to connect my TB...any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
You can extend that harness yourself. Buy the right crimp connectors for the wire gauge, the tool, and then headshrink over the connections. use the same multistranded wire type and gauge as stock. I would imagine you would be just fine.

Any shop should be able to do this for you.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Test fit that intake before you extend any wiring. Fitment on mine is trash tier, total waste of money

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Can you go into any more detail?

-Fuel rail design is bad, interference with the factory rail
-Injector spacers going into the PI rail are a stupid design, would have been smarter to use LS2 injector height
-All o rings are rubber, RIP if you have E85
-They didnt tap the fuel rail correctly, my fitting was crooked and it leaked. VTT wanted me to send it in for them to inspect it instead of swapping me out
-Throttle body flange welded in the stupidest way possible, hits the hood
-charge pipe is a bad design, BOV is on the wrong side
-overall fit and finish is poor, very low budget chinese machining on an expensive manifold
-VTT support sub par
-charged me for TB extension harness, shipped without it and told me no ETA

Basically the product was expensive, shitty and VTT was no help at all. Par for the course for the N54 community

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I just extend the wiring for the tb harness and its been like that for over 3 years with no issue.

The tmap harness extension is available from bms if you ask nicely as i had a number of them made by them.

The problem with ff manifolds its not one size suits all, we custom make the up pipes to suit each car and its rather expensive
but never ever had a complaint on our products.

Plazmaman manifolds are the bees knees and we are about to go into testing phase of a new manifold coming to market and a new billet tb

So many things to test so little time.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
-Fuel rail design is bad, interference with the factory rail
-Injector spacers going into the PI rail are a stupid design, would have been smarter to use LS2 injector height
-All o rings are rubber, RIP if you have E85
-They didnt tap the fuel rail correctly, my fitting was crooked and it leaked. VTT wanted me to send it in for them to inspect it instead of swapping me out
-Throttle body flange welded in the stupidest way possible, hits the hood
-charge pipe is a bad design, BOV is on the wrong side
-overall fit and finish is poor, very low budget chinese machining on an expensive manifold
-VTT support sub par
-charged me for TB extension harness, shipped without it and told me no ETA

Basically the product was expensive, shitty and VTT was no help at all. Par for the course for the N54 community

Jesus that is horrible.

I wonder if that is true for the original FF manifold before they took the design and had it made in china vs. good ol' America? I was considering buying one of the originals for a DP Meth set up as I would rather burn my money than give it to VTT.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Jesus that is horrible.

I wonder if that is true for the original FF manifold before they took the design and had it made in china vs. good ol' America? I was considering buying one of the originals for a DP Meth set up as I would rather burn my money than give it to VTT.

Even if it is mostly the machining I’m not totally sure I’m sold on the manifold design. I had one of those BMP Chinese FF manifolds, which I wonder if it’s a rip off of Plasmaman, and it fit WAY better. No issues at all.

I’m just annoyed because Tony was swinging from Fab Factory’s dick this whole time and the first thing that comes up they didn’t want to help me out.

I ended up welding the fitting to the fuel rail so it wouldn’t leak. But the machining is seriously so bad, when you have the manifold in your hands you can see it everywhere. It’s heavy but it just feels cheap

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Even if it is mostly the machining I’m not totally sure I’m sold on the manifold design. I had one of those BMP Chinese FF manifolds, which I wonder if it’s a rip off of Plasmaman, and it fit WAY better. No issues at all.

I’m just annoyed because Tony was swinging from Fab Factory’s dick this whole time and the first thing that comes up they didn’t want to help me out.

I ended up welding the fitting to the fuel rail so it wouldn’t leak. But the machining is seriously so bad, when you have the manifold in your hands you can see it everywhere. It’s heavy but it just feels cheap

That sucks man. Well thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully others learn from it and don't have to repeat the whole ordeal.

The reason I liked the FF design, other than it is forward facing and tapered as it should be, is it has the trumpets off of the floor. The walls and floor have the slowest moving air and individual v stacks per cylinder is the ideal manifold design.

Given the N54 head most aftermarket intake manifolds show very little gains and are a bad bang for your buck given the cost. Better off throwing a set of cams in the stock head in my opinion.

I was considering the FF mani when I was considering building the head w/ cams. It's so hard to drop 7k+ given the gains. 4k worked head. 1.5k cams. 1.5k intake manifold. Might as well then add a nice m18 VC and redo the catch cans at that point for another 1k. It would look nice...

The M18 intake manifold also has velocity stacks off the floor: https://www.m18performance.com/product-p/m18-n54-sbm.htm

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
Plazmaman literally blow all other brands out of the water.
They are on plenty of 7 second gtrs, Ls cars and 2J ect. World wide known to be the best for inlet manifolds and intercoolers.
Quality and fitment are always 100%.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
They are on plenty of 7 second gtrs, Ls cars and 2J ect. World wide known to be the best for inlet manifolds and intercoolers.
Hypertune is top tier too. Too bad they don’t want to play N54 games.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom

Do you own it or are you just riding dick because it’s popular in other communities?

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
If you dont know much about Plazmaman you should check them out. Very reasonable priced for the product you get.

No gimmicks or sale pitches. They are simply used by most of the fastest cars in Australia.

Hypertune is also top tier company.

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
I feel bad when I hear stories like the OP posted. For a couple of hundred dollars he could of purchased a Plazmaman manifold.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Hope that's enough pics for you, been running one for over a year

Attachments

• 20200902_142103.jpg
    20200902_142103.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 20200902_130929.jpg