spark plug NGK 97596 with misfire and Bosch OEM without misfire!!!

Leno

Lurker
Feb 17, 2022
Hi friends!!!! Happy new year for all. I wish all the best!

I'm stating this thread because I was facing a misfire using spark plug NGK 97506 gaped 0.22". I've replaced a lot of parts related this issue (coil, inejctor index12, HPFP and LPFP). And I bought a lot of set of spark plugs, but I still misfire in my engine in 3 gear on wot at 3k rpm. When I replaced the spark plug for Bosch OEM, my misfires gonne and now I'm very happy with the car.
Anyone have some idea why I had this problem ?

My moods:

MDH stage 2+ E30
DP
K&N inbox filter
Charge pipe
XHP
Nexys coil upgrade (Eldor coils)

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
I had an issue similar with buying what I suspect were counterfeit NGKs , too cheap to be true. Developed a missfire. Also, remember if you drop a spark plug on the floor, it often kills them. The gap also might have been better on your setup at 0.18 to 0.20

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Leno

Lurker
Feb 17, 2022
I had an issue similar with buying what I suspect were counterfeit NGKs , too cheap to be true. Developed a missfire. Also, remember if you drop a spark plug on the floor, it often kills them. The gap also might have been better on your setup at 0.18 to 0.20
I bought a NGK 97506 spark plug from FCP Euro, I hope it arrive this week and Im going to test them again.