Shop did unwanted "diagnostic", now unclearable codes

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
I have a 12 335is with some issues.

I got my car back after having serpentine belt and pullies replaced, and now I have a limp mode that can't be cleared out. The car was mhd tuned, as in 2min. flash, when I dropped it off. When I went to pick it up they told me that I had a check engine light, and they needed $300 to start trying to figure it out. I declined.

My invoice showed that they charged me to do some kind of vaguely worded work involving the obd2 port. I didn't ok the work, and it cost hundreds.

I went to clear the codes and it didn't work. Then I went to see if maybe reflashing the tune would help. That required a full flash. I haven't had to do that in literally years.

I took it to a bmw service writer I've become friendly with, and his tech wouldn't touch it with the tune on. I tried to flash back to stock, and it failed multiple times.

I called ABR Houston, and they said the same thing as BMW. It could be that files in the dme could have been corrupted.

Is there a way to fix it with MHD? The car runs still, but I don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I don´t know if i can help you.. but it would have been a better start if you actually had posted the error code.

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
I don´t know if i can help you.. but it would have been a better start if you actually had posted the error code.
2abc boost pressure sensor
2f13charge air temp sensor
3100 boost control deactivated
Shadow code- 2fa3 dme: no coding

The problem is that the codes are unclearable and the car won't allow me to flash back to stock.

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
ABR and BMW didn't want to commit to anything over the phone. They both did say it was a bad idea for that shop to have done anything dme related while I had it tuned.