Removing passenger seat.. How can I disable the airbag light ?

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Hi,

I will want to remove the passenger seat in my car whenever I go to some racing events. Did anyone figure out a solution for the airbag ? Is it possible to turn the warning off ?

I have Carly, Protool and most of the NCS Expert and whatever else is used on PC.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Hi,

I will want to remove the passenger seat in my car whenever I go to some racing events. Did anyone figure out a solution for the airbag ? Is it possible to turn the warning off ?

I have Carly, Protool and most of the NCS Expert and whatever else is used on PC.

I thought pro tool does this?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
No one sells a plug with a resistor for this? Not sure if it’s that simple on these cars, but I know that’s how it was done on Honda’s and Acura’s back in the day to keep the system working while components were removed.

E92 420

Corporal
Jul 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Ride
BMW e92 335i
I’d like to know if protocols could be used. After replacing my seats with pole positions I’m stuck with the constant warnings on dash.

The M3 forums seem to be the place to search for Any info on this matter. I can’t see things being much different on a 35i.

This is the best thread I found so far.

Haven’t tried it myself yet so if anyone does plz let us know how it goes. As stated tho be great if a more user friendly tool like pro tools could be used for this.

Marcoxtv

Jul 29, 2021
Thanks! I will try this when I have some time.
Did you try it bro? I currently have no lights on my dash and when i go race i want to remove my passenger seat but when i put the passenger seat back on i heard that the light stays on did you fix it? If so how step step by guide on protools if you can

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Did you try it bro? I currently have no lights on my dash and when i go race i want to remove my passenger seat but when i put the passenger seat back on i heard that the light stays on did you fix it? If so how step step by guide on protools if you can
Is that LIL PUMP with some jojo siwa hair?

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Nope. I'm fkn tired of this car always have some issue so didn't even bother. Most likely going to LS swap it to get rid of all the trouble.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Similar... I swapped seats and my replacement seats did not have the head rest whiplash detonator.

I stuck a resistor into the plug and taped it up. No SRS lights.

220ohm maybe? Don't remember.

• Funny
Reactions: twinturbos