Rear ended this morning

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Slooooowly getting that rear panel off. You guys know it takes me almost a year to accomplish anything. Lol

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I got distracted working on this...
20230211_121212.jpg

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My friend passed away. A Navy seal. Died from complications from being exposed to agent orange. 😞

So, I got his Corvettes. Only keeping the 73 though. Sold the 66 and the money went to his widow for her care.
Sorry for your loss man. And hey that’s very honourable of you to help the family. Make the car something special :)

• Agree
Reactions: wheela and TheFixer

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
My friend passed away. A Navy seal. Died from complications from being exposed to agent orange. 😞

So, I got his Corvettes. Only keeping the 73 though. Sold the 66 and the money went to his widow for her care.
Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences.

Reactions: TheFixer

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Sorry for your loss man. And hey that’s very honourable of you to help the family. Make the car something special :)
Thank you. Most of us do our best to take care of our own when we can.

The 73 was Docs first wife's car, she passed from cancer in the 90s. He kept it in storage unable to part with it.
We chose to keep it because of that. And also, 10 years ago when my wife and I first met, we went to a car show and my wife saw a blue 1973 corvette with t tops and luggage rack and fell in love with it. She also loved it because I was born in 73 and she would say the best things are from 1973.

Anyway I always tried to keep my eyes out for one but they cost a bit more than my budget allows for decent ones.

Well... four years ago we moved to TN and I met Doc. An angry old navy seal combat veteran. He lived around the corner. He would come over and talk to me every day and tell me how much time I'm wasting with bmws. Chevys are the best!

So we became good friends after a few weeks. My wife would bake things for him. My kids would annoy him.

One day he tells me to come over to his garage. I go and he pulls the cover off Blackie. That's the 66 vette. Such a Beautiful car! He says he knew I would appreciate it and wanted me to see it because he hardly ever let anyone look at it.

I then tell him that my wife likes the 1973 vettes. More specifically a blue 73 with t tops and luggage rack. His eyes get wide and his jaw drops a little. He says..... what makes her like that one? I say......I don't know really, she just saw one at a car show and fell in love with it.

Doc then says he has one just like that in storage and tells me it was his first wife's vette and she died of cancer. He said he could never part with it.

Well fast forward to now. My friend passed away a couple days after Christmas. It was sudden and unexpected. My kids cried. My wife cried. I cried. I still can't work in my garage without breaking up some because he'd always pop in to talk shit. ......ugh....

A week later I found out he left me the cars.

I went and found the 73 in a storage unit a couple weeks later. Checked it, prepped it and drove it home with squishy brakes.

Still had cigarette butts in the ash tray with red lipstick stains on them.

😭😭😭

• Wow
Reactions: Torgus and wheela