Old N54s

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Just a rant.....I like finding fixer uppers and working on them. Keeps me busy. But it's insane what people want in my area for beat up old bmw's that haven't been maintained. Especially n54 cars. I come across ones that have sat for over a year oe more and people are asking 2k or more for something that may not even run or drive. These people are like.... but yeah, it's a BMW. Ugh.... let it sit in your yard and rot for another year.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
"But it has 320hp! This is a sports car and I demand a good price!" :D

I worry when my car dies/wrecks/whatever... I know that to expect out of the engine as I have maintained it for the last 80k miles. If I get another N54? Who knows what is in store. Most 'normal people' do not have any desire to keep up with the maintenance of these cars.

A 135i is on my mind for a car to mess with. Wish I had built one of those for the track instead of making mine do 'everything'. :\

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
"But it has 320hp! This is a sports car and I demand a good price!" :D

I worry when my car dies/wrecks/whatever... I know that to expect out of the engine as I have maintained it for the last 80k miles. If I get another N54? Who knows what is in store. Most 'normal people' do not have any desire to keep up with the maintenance of these cars.

A 135i is on my mind for a car to mess with. Wish I had built one of those for the track instead of making mine do 'everything'. :\

My wife wants a 135i, but not modded like the 535i. She just wants me to maintain so she can drive it, instead of me f-ing with it trying to get more power everyday. Lol

So, I've been trying to find one's that don't run due to fuel pump failures, cam or crank sensor failure, tranny went out.... things i can fix fairly quickly. But, you never know what else is lurking till you get them running and driving.

Of course they'll tell me it's a great car and there's nothing else wrong... blah blah blah. Uh huh.... I've had enough bmw's to know that is bs even when they are taken care of.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Another N54?

37goho.jpg

Get one with the N52. She will not know the difference, your wallet will ;)

Last edited:

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
LOL

And yes, that is the same advice I give my friends that want to jump into a car like mine... "Get a 128i or 328i, trust me" :D

I would but she likes the turbo spool and blow off valve sounds. She's a car fanatic too. Either big v8 power, boosted or both.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I would but she likes the turbo spool and blow off valve sounds. She's a car fanatic too. Either big v8 power, boosted or both.

I got you bro:

and

j/k

American v8. Something reliable and easy to work on. SC'd manual CTS V?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TheFixer

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I got you bro:

and

j/k

American v8. Something reliable and easy to work on. SC'd manual CTS V?

Wtf to that muffler whistle. When were those a thing?

And that vw.....So he can buy that pos fake blow off noise thing but an oil cap is out of the question. Lol