Technical New N54 Engine Install...NO SPARK! Help!!

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
Just got the rebuilt engine installed in my 07 335i. When I try to fire it up, it just cranks and cranks..but doesn't fire.

I have LPFP (82psi) and HPFP (2,200psi), and NO CODES. I've checked every fuse I can find, all are good. I'm not getting any spark out of the coils.

I checked continuity from the frame, to the block, to the injectors, to the coils....everything is grounded as far as I can tell.

Any idea why I'm not getting any spark, and no codes?

Any help would be great!!!

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I'm betting the timing is out because the VANOS adjusters are reversed. But if it really is no spark, maybe a missing ground strap.

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
Well, I figured it out.......but it was mostly just luck. After checking grounds, wires, connections...everything I could think of, I had just about given up. Then I figured what the hell, might as well try to reflash the tune. Well...that did it. As soon as the tune got flashed again, I hit the start button...and the engine fired up and came to life!

Not sure what the deal was...maybe after sitting for almost a year with no power, something in the DME got corrupted? Glad it was something simple......

Reactions: NoGuru and wheela