New member from west Australia

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Hey guys. Just a quick introduction. My name is Connor, I’m from west Australia and I own a 2009 bmw 135i e82. I bought the car with the intentions of turning it into a dedicated drag car and have made another thread to document the build which is currently waiting on admin approval.

wanted to get involved with the forum as still plenty I don’t know any need to get my head around and thought this forum would be a good place to go to communicate when I run into N54 problems 😅

look forward to interacting with you all in the forum.

Reactions: Torgus and rac

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Welcome. What are N54 problems? Engine is rock solid

I’ll guess we’ll find out just how solid very soon. Single pulsar 7375 turbo + build th400 rates for 2k hp and fully built Ford 8.8 rear end plus all the other goodies on a stock motor for now should certainly be a good test for it 😂

Reactions: Torgus

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Lol be ready to kiss it good bye at 800whp
Aware of this, hence why I’ll be buying a block to be sent to the machine shop to be closed deck converter and begin slowly building a built bottom end after she’s all buttoned back up from this lot of mods.

I wanted to do a fully built drive train before the motor just so I have the option to do a motor swap if I get sick of the N54. I will be doing atleast 1 built motor N54 before potentially looking at other motors.

I think the driveline is certainly capable of 8s maybe even 7s with a proven motor in it. All the details should be in my other thread once that’s up.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Aware of this, hence why I’ll be buying a block to be sent to the machine shop to be closed deck converter and begin slowly building a built bottom end after she’s all buttoned back up from this lot of mods.

I wanted to do a fully built drive train before the motor just so I have the option to do a motor swap if I get sick of the N54. I will be doing atleast 1 built motor N54 before potentially looking at other motors.

I think the driveline is certainly capable of 8s maybe even 7s with a proven motor in it. All the details should be in my other thread once that’s up.
Who are you thinking of building it?

I'm not using DI anymore, so when I blow up mine my options are a built n54 wity plugged DI ports (same as now although its otherwise a stock block), built n54/n52 mut, built n52, LS swap, dump the platform. Vac do a billet s54 which I guess I could throw in the mix.

Galloway looks like there pretty capable on the machining front but I haven't got first hand experience with local machinig/building so keen to follow how that works out for you.

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Who are you thinking of building it?

I'm not using DI anymore, so when I blow up mine my options are a built n54 wity plugged DI ports (same as now although its otherwise a stock block), built n54/n52 mut, built n52, LS swap, dump the platform. Vac do a billet s54 which I guess I could throw in the mix.

Galloway looks like there pretty capable on the machining front but I haven't got first hand experience with local machinig/building so keen to follow how that works out for you.

im not sure who im going to get to do it yet. have asked a few people and had a few different recommendations. head torque seemed to be the most recommended local place for headwork but still undecided for the bottom end.

i plan to go stand alone ecu and PI only before putting a built motor in but i guess we'll just have to see how long the stock one lasts.

-fully built th400 reverse pattern, manual valve body with a trans brake and dump. (Rated for 2000hp) built by all fast torque converter
- b and m ratchet shifter
- custom torque converter 5000-5500rpm stall 9.5 inch converter
- built Ford 8.8 inch rear end
- trutrack dif centre with 3.73 rear gears and 31 spline full billet out law axles from g force
- chromoly drive shaft (waiting to fit trans for exact specs required but this is only thing left to purchase)
- stage 4 kit from fuel it it with both pumps upgraded to walbro 525 and port injection injectors upgraded to 950cc, fuel reg, return kit, upgraded lines etc. port injection run off split second controller.
- billet forward facing intake manifold
- full custom single turbo kit utilising a pulsar 7375 (g-42 -1200 rep)
- turbosmart gen v 60mm powergate
- 4 inch straight pipe exhaust for street but removable and able to be dumped out the fender for race
- line lock kit
- weld pro star 15x10
- Mickey Thompson et street R 275/50/15 (will attempt to fit a pro radial and go to a shorter rear gear once ive gone through these tyres)
- oil catch can
- stand alone 57l fuel cell
- 27mm stiffer rear sway bar
- Viking drag shocks all round
- upgraded oil cooler
- upgraded radiator
- upgraded mishimoto trans cooler and fan
- PR coil packs upgrade
- 3.5 bar tmap sensor
- small brake kit on the rear assembled using oem bmw parts
- heads been freshly carbon cleaned
- ARP head studs from MMP with 50% more thread engagement
- bare metal stripped interior except dash
- kirkey pro street driver seats
- kirkey alloy passenger seat
- single cross bar to mount seats
- VRSF 7.5 inch race intercooler
- solid aluminium dif bushings
- solid aluminium subframe bushings
- upgraded pcv
- ugraded front rotors for stock brakes
- braided brake lines
- aeroflow turbo blanket

above is the build list so far/currently being done. unsure why my other thread hasnt posted yet.