New Member from Chicago, 335IS build

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Thanks, if you don't mind me asking, with your mods your car should be pretty close, right?
I don't mind at all.
Best I could do was 11.5 @ 125mph I think. That's at the track on a prepped surface with PSS4S tires.
The trick is getting a DCT to "Launch" is super hard to do. I have xHP Stage 3 DCT tune and launch control set at 3000rpm but in the end just easing into throttle worked better for me the LC.
You might have better results with it but I can tell you any tuned N54 cannot use the stock DCT launch RPM, I think its like 4500 or something high.

QuestFor10s

Lurker
Apr 19, 2021
Chicago, IL
Ride
2011 BMW 335IS DCT
yeah, I think I'll focus on getting the car to launch first. I have a dragy to measure progress. I am hoping I can tame the LC but it seems pretty difficult to work with because the only tool we have (that I am aware of) is xHP. I primarily bought it to adjust the LC rpm, and tune the shift rpms and tune the clutch engagement. The standard D mode drove around with shift points too low, and S mode 2-3 shift seems too high (around 4k) for part throttle.

I have a few questions about the DCT (GS7D36SG) that I don't know the answer to such as:
- Does it really have a limitation of 100 launches before it disables that feature?
- Does it prevent you from using LC if you use it in succession? What rules does it enforce? and Does xHP disable those rules?
- Does it feather the clutch in 1st, LC mode? If so how long does it feather it, what stall RPM does it target when feathering it?

I wish there was an engineering manual on the software portion of the DCT. (Please link if anyone knows of one, not including the M DCT Drivelogic Manual, since it doesn't go into enough detail) I think I'll most likely have to datalog a few LC events and see what I discover.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I have a few questions about the DCT (GS7D36SG) that I don't know the answer to such as:
- Does it really have a limitation of 100 launches before it disables that feature? I have not heard of this.
- Does it prevent you from using LC if you use it in succession? What rules does it enforce? and Does xHP disable those rules? I don't think it does any prevention like this.
- Does it feather the clutch in 1st, LC mode? If so how long does it feather it, what stall RPM does it target when feathering it? This one I am not sure on but I don't think the DCT has much say it what happens here. Pretty sure it just dumps the clutch and the ECU manages traction.